Garrett AT Pro coil question

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased a used AT Pro 8.5 X 11 DD coil. The description indicated it was for an AT Pro.
When I received it, I found that the coil had the 5 female type pins NOT the 2 male and 2 female pins mine has.
Is there either an adapter that will adapt an ACE coil (which is what this is) to my AT Pro plug?
Or can I purchase a plug to install on the coil OR should I just return it and claim false advertisement and get my money back?

Thanks

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Return it, and tell them to send you the right coil or give you a refund.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep return it, the ace series plugs i dont think are waterproof like the at pro coil plugs, and the ace coils are designed for lower frequencies that the ace series runs at.
Jon

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Call them, then return the item for the correct item!

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Just wondering, did you get this off ebay? A couple weeks ago I was looking at AT pro coils on there, and I saw one that was clearly for the Ace Series. I messaged the seller and told them the coil was NOT for an AT Pro. I don't know if they changed the listing or not.

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering, did you get this off ebay? A couple weeks ago I was looking at AT pro coils on there, and I saw one that was clearly for the Ace Series. I messaged the seller and told them the coil was NOT for an AT Pro. I don't know if they changed the listing or not.

Yes this was an eBay purchase. I already have the refund process going. eBay has that return money back policy now which is nice.
I blame my inexperience in Garrett products but in my defense, don't list an item to be compatable when it is clearly not.
It is too bad because The coil is in very good condition.
The seller has not contacted me yet so there is that battle going on. The listing is clear so I do not think I will lose this case if it goes that far.

I appreciate all the feedback. This has been a learning experience for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread