Protecting my new MD during air travel

Methos65

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2007
Hi All.
I just joined the forum and am awaiting my new Tiger Shark ordered last week.
I'm going to the Bahamas and plan to take my MD with me. As we all know, airport baggage handlers can be rough on luggage. Can anyone suggest a secure method to transport my MD and provide adequate protection to the components and electronics? I've been advised that wrapping it plenty of clothes inside my suitcase should provide adequate protection. However, I'm not so certain. I'm considering a hardside case with foam inserts, but they are a bit expensive IMHO. Perhaps I'll find a discounted hardside suitcase somewhere and create my own foam insert. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks for reading and HH.
Methos

Jim West Pa

Aug 14, 2007
Mamont Pa.
Detector(s) used
DFX
HI Methos,
I am sorry i can't help with yer tector protection fer yer travels. I did want to ask you tho.Is yer moniker because you are a tv series Highlander fan ?
Jim

OP
OP
M

Methos65

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2007
Yepper...oldest living immortal. Quite an aspiration, don't you think? ;) 8)

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any you guys see the highlander movie on sci-fi channel couple weeks ago? :P :P :P,aweful

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
When I travel I just put my detector in my suitcase. I wrap the control head up in a bunch of towels. I fly northwest sometimes delta and United I never had a promblem

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you could buy a used hard shell Samsonite Luggage case and get some good foam and go to town.
Or
see my answer here for the more expensive solution:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,110652.0.html

they will sell you just their pull and pluck foam which makes custom fitting a lot easier. Good luck! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread