I had to play the lottery with that kind of luck.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week i went coin/jewelry hunting wit my XP Deus in a big city parc 20 minutes from home. The parc is next to one of the busiest roads of the city and there is almost no parking space. You have to parc at the side of this road between the cyclist lane. After a few hours i returned to my car and put my XP Deus against the right side of the car and start packing my gear in my trunk. On my way home i stopped for 30 minutes to do some grocery shopping so that i arived about 1 1/2 hour later at home. I started unpacking and then my heart stopped. Holy ****, i forgot my detector at the parking space. Like a racing driver i rushed back to this parc with very little hope because there is a lott of traffic from people and cars. I finaly arrived there about 2 hours later after my departure and what i see, my detector is still there. He was lying on the ground and nobody took it home. Men i was so happpy, that kind of luck. I didn't play the lottery that day but i should.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Strike one.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found your detector! When I go fishing, some of my friends lean their fishing rods against a tree when we get back to the car and proceed to take off their waders and other gear first. That's how a fishing rod gets left. I tell them, put the fishing rod away first and I do the same with my detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you retrieved your machine! :icon_thumleft:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found your detector! When I go fishing, some of my friends lean their fishing rods against a tree when we get back to the car and proceed to take off their waders and other gear first. That's how a fishing rod gets left. I tell them, put the fishing rod away first and I do the same with my detector.

I left a gun on the side of the road once, leaning up against a penguin. I had just helped load a couple deer up, and it completely slipped my mind. Took until late night till I realized it, but it was still there about three hours to daybreak.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is amazing how frantic we can get as we hurry back, hoping it is still there. Twice I had someone else leave something of mine somewhere but by the time I got back to where he left them, they were gone. happy for you but not as happy as you were

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sense buying a lottery ticket, you won about a grand with the recovery of your Deus. Amazing and so lucky. Some sad stories here on Tnet of folks who leaned their detector up against their car and then drove over it when they backed up. I will lean scoops or other gear up against the car but the detector always goes into the car before anything else.

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The detectors always go In to our truck even before I help the redhead in and get here buckled up forgot my scoop once and had to go back for it. hh chug

yes the kids (detectors) ride up front with us in a 97 ford ranger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread