The New Lost Treasure

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Seeing as how Lost Treasure Magazine closed their doors which was made public a short while back. At least one member of their staff hopes to keep it alive with some electronic version (which I don't blame them since they put many years into it).
There was a time I enjoyed reading their state treasure stories, in fact I can even remember thinking I can write that type of stuff. Sort of like the time I remember thinking my stuff is good enough for those treasure hunting shows on TV, which I guess I soon will be on. It seems I was prepared with my research and in the right place at the right time.

I needed a name for a Facebook group for all the other material I have been finding. Been thinking of doing the page for some time and selected "Lost Treasure." Free reading on items of interest in the 50 states and even some around the world. I started this page last night and will be adding to it old articles and comparing them to various authors listings and adding some thoughts on the various lost treasure stories as they are posted.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks I enjoy doing these sort of things. Building something from nothing like our small book business.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The first I posted there, I also posted to Arizona here.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck sounds good I have tons of those magazines

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Good luck!!! Keep us informed here...I really don't facebook unless my dog disappears...lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on your project! :occasion14:

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
At this time I had a Montana and Wyoming page and didn't want to clutter them up with other state stories. It should be interesting keeping it going.

luxefaire

Dec 21, 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Detector(s) used
Any
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi this is Bill Gallagher, a writer of lost treasure articles under 6 or 7 different names since 2013, I had many cover shots, 8 or 10, and sometimes 3 different articles in a magazine at once....I had no notice by Lee Harris or Carla concerning the closure of the magazine and they stiffed me for four or five of my articles at the end and will not answer my emails....I think they are involved in identity theft where certain people were subbed for me when it came time for sponsorship, and it is and insider deal. They will be getting paperwork for small claims from me, and maybe a lawsuit if I can get a few of the others involved to talk about this. The Tesoro closure is all a part of this. You can read 75 or so of my past asrticles reprinted by permission here :

[url]http://treasurehuntingwithbillgallagher.blogspot.com/

I[/URL] will be adding another 50 or so, and the use of multiple names is detailed at that blog. I dont think you should post articles without the copyright holders permission.....good luck....b

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread