It's official! My patent has been published!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet, congratulations on all of your hard work! :occasion14:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!! When do we get a video showing it in action?

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many thanks, guys!

Jim

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks good. Good luck with it.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detailed and well laid out. You have a lot of work in this. Congrats!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Jim, now when do you appear on Shark Tank ?

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many thanks, guys!
Simon, I'm hoping somebody will take it on a royalty basis. I will probably build them myself until then, but I'm too old to spend 8 hours/day working in the shop, though I do that for fun in the winter.
Jim

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Jim, Congratulations as submitting a patent takes a lot of work, time, thought, care and it becomes a part of the inventor! Well Done!.............63bkpkr

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY WELL done Jim. It looks like a extremely complicated idea. Proud of you !!! Did you do a Patent search your self ? Did you go through one of these places you see on tv that tells you to let them help you.The reason i ask was i went through one of those polaces and it cost me 3 or 4 thousand dollars before i realized they was more concerned getting my money
proud to know you sir :0!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment.
Good luck.
dst

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
VERY WELL done Jim. It looks like a extremely complicated idea. Proud of you !!! Did you do a Patent search your self ? Did you go through one of these places you see on tv that tells you to let them help you.The reason i ask was i went through one of those polaces and it cost me 3 or 4 thousand dollars before i realized they was more concerned getting my money
proud to know you sir :0!

Many thanks, Gary. I did it all myself, including the prior art search. That alone took over 30 hours. I turned up exactly one possibly conflicting patent, but it was different enough the Patent Office didn't quote it. They did find more, when they did their search, but they were all things I hadn't claimed as my idea anyway. Not sure why they used them. This idea really is unusual, and thinking outside the box of typical gold recovery gear. Ideas are weird! I had built several different recovery devices, for dry recovery, and all failed. I had mentioned to a friend in BC that what I needed on the best of those was a flexible bottom, but it was another year before the light came on, and I came up with a rotary device. Once it dawned on me, it only took a couple of weeks to build the prototype, and try it out. Ideas derive from trying to solve problems, and you have to be involved with things to face the problems in the first place. This all sprang from dry prospecting for diamonds in western Wyoming....go figure...LOL
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread