Where would you Start to hunt this place and How ? Pictures

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: Dig everything! Start in the inside floor, walls and brick chimney. For the outside you need to grid the entire area in multiple direction. Do not forget the wooded area, under trees and roadways. This will give you something to do for awhile!

Good Luck on your adventure! :occasion14:

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
put that coil to the ground and start swinging.

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As a beginner I really appreciate the fantastic advice and tips posted.

Can’t wait to see what you find!

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oh man what a permission.

on the inside if their are linoleum floors look around the edges. People used to slip gold and silver coins there. also look at stairs and between the stair step and riser. These are two places that I have heard about inside old homes.

on the outside see if there are any fence post or post holes depressions in site of the main room's windows. Post hole banks were popular during the bank failure period of America. They would bury their money in jars in a hole near a fence post that was visible from a window of a room that was used a lot.

good luck and have fun. Great that you found her horse. Horses are very special animals.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go through it and under it thoroughly for bottles, then worry about detecting the grounds. Just the look of those floor joists is enough to get me to crawling.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the awesome permission Gary! I’d start at the back door and work my way in or out.
Great way to locate the missing horses with a drone.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with Oddjob....fireplace first

Chub

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice reward for a good deed! Lots of good advice in these posts. A bottle hunter would approach this differently that a coin hunter. As a coin hunter, I like to know, or infer, the location of the outhouse and the clothesline - the the most likely route to them. Can you ask if there are any old photos of the place? Was there a root cellar? Were potatoes kept in the basement? (Some people tossed a large cent into a pile of potatoes as the copper had some fungicide properties.)

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detect it? Hell I have payed rent to live in worse places than that. Good luck whatever should be interesting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Gare, Well in 18 days you've received some Stellar research and hunting suggestions as the Tnet 'family' have stepped up to the plate with some great inputs. However Ma Nature may have stepped in to thwart your searching of the area with either snow or solidly frozen ground, that would be a shame. But then if that is the case, it gives you months to do your paper research for compiling all the answers into a search pattern for when the spring thaw arrives.

We sure would appreciate your sharing with us once you can Do Something out on that hill, we drool over pictures! Best of success for all of your endeavors!......................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread