Fisher F5 coils

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favourite was actually the eliptical concentric. It just seemed to go anywhere under bushes, grass etc and felt nicely balanced.Pinpoint was spot on. I never really got on with the 5" (also fits the gold bug), Perhaps I should have given it more time. I didnt think it was worth the $$ and got frustrated by the small area covered. The 5 X10DD makes it nose heavy (with a coil cover added)but does give a bigger sweep area. The F5 isnt so deep. Have you considered a F70 (Teknetics Patriot) thats serious bang for your buck and in my opinion a bit underated...although some may say its a bit dated now.
Another less than awesome feature of the F5 was that *^%$#@ knurled nut that secured the coil lead to the control box....utter rubbish. The F5 also has a very large control box by todays standards and the face is very easy to scratch. Lack of a volume control and backlight were also annoying at times as well as the 2 X 9V batteries. I used rechargables so it didnt bother me too much just expensive to buy back ups.
Later F5s came standard with the big DD.

Chub

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Snap, I would say if you can find a F-5 then special order a NEL coil for it. Chub is right, you really have to work with the F5 but depth was never its strong suit. The F-5 brought old to new in one neat package. I would like one just for the fun of the knobs! Biggest mistake I made was letting mine go. It was never a barn burner for performance but it did ok for a beeper, I will say my F-70 has been a true go to machine.
Good Luck! Stay Gold!
Opie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions