FINALLY! JUST HEARD FROM FAMILY OF WWII DOGTAGS! OH YEAH!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After all of this time, we finally heard back from the family of the last WWII dogtags that we found. these were the 4th set of Dogtags found and the others were all returned to family members. This man was from Michigan, a James Allen Bertram. We sent emails to family members etc and were about to send info with pics by mail, just trying to get someone to respond but no one would open the emails. So about twenty minutes ago, the daughter-n-law of a surviving son sent us an email saying that they were excited by our find and truly wanted the tags plus any info that we could give them. My wife is busy right now conversing with her and everyone is very excited. We will do a follow up in the next couple of days with pics as we get an address ironed out and the tags sent. We again made sure that knew that we wanted nothing except a picture of the son and or family members with the tags. The sheer excitement of the family has us very excited again as well. The son is very excited and has the daughter in law emailing us. pretty awesome to finally get a response and what a response! Jerry 20190106_204239.jpg the tags were found Nov 21st 2018

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Jerry!!

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are to be commended for your efforts and thanks you for making us all look good

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Luv those reunion stories. Mysteries solved. Good on you !

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the exciting time as a flurry of emails keep coming. family history, especially from a war is a special to the family or at least it should be. this is a late Christmas present to the son, he is very excited. we are excited because it was getting very frustrating, we knew that we had the family found, we just needed one to open their mail and see what we had. I totally understand the fear with scams and viruses etc. this makes us even more excited to get back and search for more. gotta love this hobby!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pre-emptive HM! 😁 πŸ™Œ

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry and Betty With GREAT pleasure I read your story on these TAGS :) I am so PROUD of you both to see this. There responses make the returns all worth while. VERY good JOB !!!! We also realize not everyone is happy with the returns but i am SO glad this one turned good :) WELL DONE !!!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing the story and for your efforts! Well done!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Done Dirtlooter, to both you and your wife for patience, persistence, and for doing the right thing in returning this Veteran's dog tags to his family. I know you made this Vet's family's day, and ours also. Yall' are to be commended for your efforts in doing this.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know that the excitement is real for the family when after all of the communication last night, you have more waiting on you in the morning. They get something in hand from a Vet's past and a tiny bit of info as to where he had gone in preparation for North Africa. The amazing thing to me is all four men of tags that we have found actually survived the war and ended up with children. We will have more pictures for our special collection of these finds. My wife loves that we are able to put faces with finds and finds with faces. Yeah, very stoked right now! Jerry

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job! Thanks for updating with good news, beats what's on T.V. right now

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jerry, your hard work paid off and many people will be very happy with the kindness! :notworthy:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry you and your Wife did a great thing. Tells a lot about your character Well done Honorable Mention vote for two

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread