is there any treasure you think is in bad taste

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
is there any treasure you would love to go after but trying or even finding it would be condsidered in bad taste. An example I think would be going to an Amecian indian burial ground no offence meant this is just a personal isssue to myself. Or is there a time when it is alright to do so I would love to goto a first world war site but the problem is I trend to pick up I wouldent use the word vision but more the feelings that an area like that would have it actullay makes me drepressed for several hours but like I say each to his own.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I understand there is a hot market for skulls!

Also you can sell the bones to Giants who grind their bones to make their bread.

Personally I am only interested in gold.

I will wait until you guys dig the body up and take the gold off. Then I can rob you guys. Okay? :)

K

Kentucky Kache

ericwt said:
I understand there is a hot market for skulls!

Also you can sell the bones to Giants who grind their bones to make their bread.

Personally I am only interested in gold.

I will wait until you guys dig the body up and take the gold off. Then I can rob you guys. Okay? :)

I'll keep the gold and write you a check?

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
A check?! >:(

Good grief, don't you have paypal or something?

Get with the times, man!

Never mind, I will just follow strike it rich around. I understand he only finds gold 18k and higher. ;D

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A 14 year old boy found this Calusa Indian gold when he stumbled upon an apparent burial ground, a fact that troubled him so much, after weeks of nightmares, Rommie David Taylor hanged himself from a tree. Here is a link to the sad story "Cursed"
http://outside.away.com/outside/magazine/1096/9610ot.html

It's still not known for certain exactly where the boy was digging, but Marquardt believes that he had stumbled upon a burial ground. Apparently, David Taylor found the medallion among several human ribs--a fact that appears to have troubled the boy.

"He grew increasingly nervous as the weeks passed," Lorraine told me. "He had always been a very good student, but suddenly he was having trouble concentrating on his homework. I know he was having nightmares, and he seemed to be obsessed with thoughts of Indians. It really bothered him that he'd dug up a grave."

Lorraine also had nightmares. In one, she and her son were standing in water up to their necks. The boy held the gold medallion in his hand. Then he dropped it. She begged him not to go after it, but he laughed and disappeared beneath the water's surface.

Three days after she experienced this dream, David Taylor hanged himself from a tree.

Attachments

• calusa gold.jpg
    calusa gold.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 751
  • calusa gold.jpg
    calusa gold.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 675
OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
ericwt said:
A check?! >:(

Good grief, don't you have paypal or something?

Get with the times, man!

Never mind, I will just follow strike it rich around. I understand he only finds gold 18k and higher. ;D
I never find anything 2 buzy writing interesting post + a few rubbish one I said I only want to find silver and 18k gold not that I did

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
treasure in bad taste... MD'ing in a nazi concentration camp. they would sift the ashes for jewelry.

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
Md'ing old outhouse holes and licking finds for quick on the spot
cleaning.
I would have to say really bad taste.

Joe

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
There is a bridge here that goes over a river just a few miles away from me,and about 3 years ago they wanted to move the bridge over about 40 feet to better control the traffic and started to excavate the pilings at the river bank and uncovered a 300 year old Indian burial site.They stopped all the work and the state declared it sacred ground in which the remains and everything there lay buried till this day,as did the bridge(they never moved it after the discovery.)

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would plunder stuff myself....Theres not to much I would not want....Never did have much taste myself.....I mean hell the dead people don't really care to much...If someone wants my bones someday let them have them, I'm not going to be using them anymore anyway.......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Only type of Treasures I find Distastefull
to go after are seized Items at Government Sales.
Items Stolen by the Courts & sold at Auction.
and of course Properties Stolen for Back Taxes.

Anything Else, as Long as I can Obtain Permission to Go after
is Fair Game.

Jim West Pa

Aug 14, 2007
Mamont Pa.
Detector(s) used
DFX
jeff of pa said:
The Only type of Treasures I find Distastefull
to go after are seized Items at Government Sales.
Items Stolen by the Courts & sold at Auction.
and of course Properties Stolen for Back Taxes.

Anything Else, as Long as I can Obtain Permission to Go after
is Fair Game.

You forgot one Jeff, houses stolen by the REAL thieves..predatory lenders.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Jim there is too much of that Going on also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread