The metal detector that started it all.....

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago, one must have possession of multiple machines to achieve great finds. One for wet sand, parks, prospecting, waterproff etc. Whites almost solved this problem and introduced the MXT that offered coin&jewlry/ relic/ prospect mode. Whites hit a grand slam with the MXT for many years to follow. Fast forward to about 7 years ago, Garrett hit a home run with there AT series (waterproff) but unfortunately it was shortly lived. As we all know Minelab introduced the Equinox that dose it all at a fair price. I would say that the Equinox hit a Grand slam on this one and it will be a leader for a long while.
I have had my MXT for several years now and I still will take it out a few times a year. I have to give credit to Whites for starting the revolution and bringing the sport to the next level.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder what new things the other companies are working on! :icon_thumleft:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, one wonders what will be next! Metal Detectors have come a long way since they were invented and especially so in the last 25 years. What is next??!! Possibly what some others have been working on which is a Metal Detector/GPR Unit or maybe someone will come up with the Metal Detector that looks and works as if it come right out of Star Wars or Star Trek. I would hope that a Metal Detector would be produced in the near future that can be switched from VLF to PI Mode with varying frequencies and be waterproof as well down to 10 to 25 feet or more. However, in reality, if a Metal Detector Manufacturing Company produces a Do-It-All Metal Detector, then they will have likely manufactured themselves out of the market since there is no where else to go except cosmetic and comfort changes.

OP
OP
S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give it 10 years. That will be the next breakthrough in technology.

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cannot beat the mxt. I've found lots of coins with the one I had.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT was my first "real" after a Bounty Hunter! Still have, still use it!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give it 10 years. That will be the next breakthrough in technology.

They need to get their butts in gear...some of us don't have 10 years to wait!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread