Does anyone know...

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
If Economic Security owned land is public or private? There is a newer E.S. Head Start built in a nearby town. The property used to be a Baseball park, (3) of them actually. The park was used since the early 1900's...I played on it in the 70's. It used to be city property, but looking at a new plat map it's owned by Economic Security....just wondering who to contact to hunt or just go for it?

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
nobody?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn’t find anything. Sorry. I would guess that it’s still public. Not sure why it would be listed that way though?? Didn’t have LLC, Inc. or any other indication of private ownership? Just “Economic Security”?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn’t find anything. Sorry. I would guess that it’s still public. Not sure why it would be listed that way though?? Didn’t have LLC, Inc. or any other indication of private ownership? Just “Economic Security”?

Edit: not sure why the double again. One way to find the owner would be to start hunting it. :laughing7:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:
OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Only looked at a plat map and the onX app...both say E.S. owns the land... I may just go for it and see what happens...lol

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Economic security or financial security is the condition of having stable income or other ... In 1972, the state legislature of Arizona formed a Department of Economic Security with a mission to promote "the safety, well-being, and self sufficiency ...

When you go it might be a good idea to CARRY Bail money with you LOL J/K

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's in Jasper Co. it may be private. There is a non-profit called Economic Security Corp. In my area, Barry, Stone, and Greene counties, a lot of the old school grounds are considered public, but I always check with the land owner next to it. It seems to prevent hard feelings and me testing my resistance to bullets. It might also be worth checking with these folks. They're trying to save what they can of the one room schools around. Mo Historic Schools Alliance, Greene County | University of Missouri Extension

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
I just found another map and it says 'Economic Sercurity Corp Of SW Area'...???

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... The park was used since the early 1900's...I played on it in the 70's.....

And when you did, you lost your boyscout ring there, when you played there . Right ? Then what's so hard about going and looking for it now ??

.... it might be a good idea to CARRY Bail money with you....

Well yes, of course. And the internet is filled with links about md'rs "going to jail" for detecting at such places. Thus I'm sure it would not be hard to come up with examples of such "imminent" risk stories. Eh ?

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
And when you did, you lost your boyscout ring there, when you played there . Right ? Then what's so hard about going and looking for it now ??

Good idea...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread