Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Need a Machanics Advice!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6377 times
    Quote Originally Posted by old digger View Post
    First of all I would like to thank you all for you very helpful suggestions. Thank You!

I had a friend of a friend help me figure this problem out. Well guess what, the problem was that when I installed the crankshaft position sensor I had it like 3/16 of an inch off center, not allowing the sensor to function right. After we did that minor adjustment the truck fired right up. Boy, am I glad it wasn't any thing more major.

Again, Thank you all with your helpful advise!
    I am glad you all found and fixed the problem! You should be glad that it is not the nightmare swap of the crankshaft position sensor on a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 2.4 liter engine. You have to thread the wires under the the timing belt and around the inside of where the timing belt cover housing bolts up, then through a small gap behind the power steering pump and then up and over the engine to the connector under the throttle cabling. I had to loosen the timing gear and pry it out temporarily to get the wires behind the timing belt. Pheewww!!
    A2coins and old digger like this.

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6377 times
    On another note, I came up with something you can do to prolong the life of the engine and especially the compression and oil rings in your' vehicle. Every 3 to 5 months, I pour Heet (fuel system water remover) and Injector Cleaner into the gas tanks of my' truck and cars. At the same time, I pour in a half pint of high test Alcohol and about 1/3rd of a bottle of two cycle engine oil (the oil you put into the gas tanks of weedeaters and chainsaws). Not only does this mixture remove any water out of the fuel system and clean the injectors, it also dissolves a lot of build up from the crappy Gas with Ethanol in it and the two cycle engine oil lubricates the valves and cylinders while the other components do their job. I somewhat learned this from driving trucks and tractor-trailers in the U.S. Army. We would add Denatured Alcohol to the fuel tanks and also add Cherry Juice (Transmission Fluid) which would not only remove water from the fuel system but would clean the injectors and cylinders, it would also lubricate the valves and the cylinders. My' 1999 Ford Ranger made it to 319,631 miles before my daughter blew the engine in it but I believe if a compression test can be performed on the 5 good cylinders, that the compression would be at least 180 PSI or more. At 250,000 miles just before I had the injectors replaced because one (number 6 cylinder) shorted out, the compression test came back with (I am pretty sure) 195 PSI on all cylinders.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23967 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    We get alot of vehicles worked on by customers and they arent forth coming about what they did lol. Tell ya we fix it right the first time... I hear ya Ive seen cars towed in with a box of the parts they took apart col cry out loud
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4195 times
    Awww...now your excuse to buy a new truck is gone! LOL Congratulations of finding out it was a simple fix!
    old digger and A2coins like this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    5238 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I can't afford a new truck, if I had to replace it with a new one I'm sure it would cost me over sixty grand. I love this truck, it gets me around just fine. When I removed the bed liner it looked like the paint was still in new condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Awww...now your excuse to buy a new truck is gone! LOL Congratulations of finding out it was a simple fix!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    1081 times
    I can't afford a new truck, if I had to replace it with a new one I'm sure it would cost me over sixty grand. I love this truck, it gets me around just fine. When I removed the bed liner it looked like the paint was still in new condition.
    Truck prices have gotten crazy. I always had used vehicles at first. My first new truck and first new vehicle of any kind, cost me exactly $5799 in 1982. It was a Mazda B2000 (same as a Ford Courier) and very reliable, though a bit crude by today's standards.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Running 2019 CRH: Boxes of halves searched: 69; dimes: 6
    Total skunk boxes: 49 halves (71%), 5 dimes (83%)
    90% halves from boxes: 30
    40% halves from boxes: 112
    Silver dimes from boxes: 1
    Silver halves from teller trays: 16 - 40% halves
    Coinstar silver: 3 quarters, 1 dime

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7943 times
    The Truth
    If it gets you from point a to point b who gives a crap what it looks like.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    642 times
    First of all I would like to thank you all for you very helpful suggestions. Thank You!

I had a friend of a friend help me figure this problem out. Well guess what, the problem was that when I installed the crankshaft position sensor I had it like 3/16 of an inch off center, not allowing the sensor to function right. After we did that minor adjustment the truck fired right up. Boy, am I glad it wasn't any thing more major.

Again, Thank you all with your helpful advise!
    I’m glad the truck is going again OLD DIGGER. This is another example of US as bystanders won’t ever know what really happened. Knowing what I know about those sensors,they are shaped like a small tube with an O-ring which in turn slides into a cylindrical hole. It can’t be “off center”. This is where descriptions and what is actually going on gets lost in translation,and when a customer calls us and says “this and that happened so would you replace my -X-“...WE say,”Please get it here or we can send the flatbed so WE can tell YOU what is going on.”
    As with ABS sensors in those trucks,especially in the “rust belt” like here in Wisconsin,it is very possible for rust to form and lift the sensor off its seat so that the air gap becomes too great and the sensor cannot read the tone ring. I’m guessing that’s what he meant,and he had to knock the rust off and then reinstall the sensor. HOW this caused the truck to go from running well to not running AT ALL is very strange,usually with an air gap that is getting out of whack via a “rust formation” the problem is intermittent for at least a short time.
    I’m sure there’s all kinds of stuff in that game of “telephone” I’m not privy to but again,it’s running. I usually don’t like to get involved in this kind of thing,this is why!

us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    5238 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks ''IDXMonster'', Here in Montana the highway department doesn't use salt on the roads which is a thing that I and I am sure many others do appreciate. The road crews use sand where needed. But you can be assured that when I see a vehicle that is rusted out around the wheel wells I can guaranty that it usually has lived most of it's life in Minnesota or the great lakes region.
    A2coins likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links