Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't afford a new truck, if I had to replace it with a new one I'm sure it would cost me over sixty grand. I love this truck, it gets me around just fine. When I removed the bed liner it looked like the paint was still in new condition.

Truck prices have gotten crazy. I always had used vehicles at first. My first new truck and first new vehicle of any kind, cost me exactly $5799 in 1982. It was a Mazda B2000 (same as a Ford Courier) and very reliable, though a bit crude by today's standards.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all I would like to thank you all for you very helpful suggestions. Thank You!

I had a friend of a friend help me figure this problem out. Well guess what, the problem was that when I installed the crankshaft position sensor I had it like 3/16 of an inch off center, not allowing the sensor to function right. After we did that minor adjustment the truck fired right up. Boy, am I glad it wasn't any thing more major.

Again, Thank you all with your helpful advise! :notworthy:

I’m glad the truck is going again OLD DIGGER. This is another example of US as bystanders won’t ever know what really happened. Knowing what I know about those sensors,they are shaped like a small tube with an O-ring which in turn slides into a cylindrical hole. It can’t be “off center”. This is where descriptions and what is actually going on gets lost in translation,and when a customer calls us and says “this and that happened so would you replace my -X-“...WE say,”Please get it here or we can send the flatbed so WE can tell YOU what is going on.”
As with ABS sensors in those trucks,especially in the “rust belt” like here in Wisconsin,it is very possible for rust to form and lift the sensor off its seat so that the air gap becomes too great and the sensor cannot read the tone ring. I’m guessing that’s what he meant,and he had to knock the rust off and then reinstall the sensor. HOW this caused the truck to go from running well to not running AT ALL is very strange,usually with an air gap that is getting out of whack via a “rust formation” the problem is intermittent for at least a short time.
I’m sure there’s all kinds of stuff in that game of “telephone” I’m not privy to but again,it’s running. I usually don’t like to get involved in this kind of thing,this is why!:laughing7:

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ''IDXMonster'', Here in Montana the highway department doesn't use salt on the roads which is a thing that I and I am sure many others do appreciate. The road crews use sand where needed. But you can be assured that when I see a vehicle that is rusted out around the wheel wells I can guaranty that it usually has lived most of it's life in Minnesota or the great lakes region.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread