cheap sand scoop works!

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i got one of those cheap yellow plastic handheld sand scoops that are all over ebay and other places. tried it at the tot lot and man it helped! i dug nickels, which i usually dont and still covered the tot lot in short time. got a few bucks in clad.

basically i'd kick sand till i knew i kicked my target out of the hole, then in one scoop i could easily nab it. shake the scoop. get my coin and move on. alot less time bending over!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I was discriminating out nickles because i was digging tons of cans...last week i decided not to discriminate nickles out and the 1st two coins i found were a Buff. nickle1923 and a 1911V nickle.After those finds I'll always dig nickles regardless of junk

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll kick youself in the butt when you start finding gold rings at those settings and remembering what you didn't dig.

Good Luck

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
If you are not finding nickels you will not be finding gold rings ;)

OP
OP
re-tek

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
dont know how trashy your areas are but miami is real bad. people just plain ole dont give a (you know what) and throw junk everywhere. the few times i've dug pulltab signals outside of the tot lots its been like 10 pulltabs per nickel. just aint worth the frustration most of the time. i'll be getting a long scoop soon so i'll be digging any good signals i get in the sand but that will be the extent of my pulltab recovery efforts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread