Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have No solid Idea myself.

But My Guess Magazines are Pricing themselves out of Business.

Between Advertising Costs along with the price of each issue, even on a Yearly Basis,
Compared to what's available on the Internet are driving the decision.

I thought I read the Internet Version of Lost Treasure Magazine will Continue.
Am I wrong ?

As for Tesero. I Think I know what happened there.
But I do not feel I should go into that. it may offend some.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No connection at all. Niche publishing is a hard business. :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
according to this gentleman they are:

luxefaire.com
Dec 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Any
5 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting
Hi this is Bill Gallagher, a writer of lost treasure articles under 6 or 7 different names since 2013, I had many cover shots, 8 or 10, and sometimes 3 different articles in a magazine at once....I had no notice by Lee Harris or Carla concerning the closure of the magazine and they stiffed me for four or five of my articles at the end and will not answer my emails....I think they are involved in identity theft where certain people were subbed for me when it came time for sponsorship, and it is and insider deal. They will be getting paperwork for small claims from me, and maybe a lawsuit if I can get a few of the others involved to talk about this. The Tesoro closure is all a part of this. You can read 75 or so of my past asrticles reprinted by permission here :

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if their is a connection or not but if Tesoro was a major source of revenue for the magazine then i would guess it is possible. Have you bought a magazine lately? Its cheaper to buy a book!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if their is a connection or not but if Tesoro was a major source of revenue for the magazine then i would guess it is possible. Have you bought a magazine lately? Its cheaper to buy a book!

Kindle is even less and has full color.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
according to this gentleman they are:

luxefaire.com
Dec 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Any
5 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting
Hi this is Bill Gallagher, a writer of lost treasure articles under 6 or 7 different names since 2013, I had many cover shots, 8 or 10, and sometimes 3 different articles in a magazine at once....I had no notice by Lee Harris or Carla concerning the closure of the magazine and they stiffed me for four or five of my articles at the end and will not answer my emails....I think they are involved in identity theft where certain people were subbed for me when it came time for sponsorship, and it is and insider deal. They will be getting paperwork for small claims from me, and maybe a lawsuit if I can get a few of the others involved to talk about this. The Tesoro closure is all a part of this. You can read 75 or so of my past asrticles reprinted by permission here :
I certainly hope you weren't the one writing their lost treasure story briefs. Love to hear more about this.

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly hope you weren't the one writing their lost treasure story briefs. Love to hear more about this.

Tired, please go to this thread and scroll down to LUXENFAIRE"S post and read. You also participated in that thread.

Thread: Lost Treasure Magazine Gone????

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Search feature doesn't work on my computer. I never set notifications either. I generally have to stumble over something. I do remember the thread but not where it is at. I had received prior to the doors being shut a card in the mail to pay for two years for the magazine. I also remember several complained that they also did. Their face book page is gone, I took the Lost Treasure title for my new page, up to about 24 members, Niche market.

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tired, Just hit FORUM at the top of this page and when it comes up scroll down and click on "magnet fishing" and when it comes up scroll down to "lost treasure magazine gone" and then scroll down to "lunenfair's thread".

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was not the pen names that caught my attention, it was this sentence. (The Tesoro closure is all a part of this). I waited to see if anyone else made comment and did not see it so that was one of the reasons I asked the question about the relationship to see if anyone else had any data to enlighten a troubled mind.

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all this time and lack of answers, I am assuming that the correlation of the closings does not exist other than the changes that are happening in our economy.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all this time and lack of answers, I am assuming that the correlation of the closings does not exist other than the changes that are happening in our economy.

Here’s my perspective...

I spent 10 years editing fly fishing newsletters for three good sized organizations. Our largest costs were printing and mailing, neither of which ever gets less costly. After about my fifth year doing this, I convinced all three organizations to save their money and strictly publish their newsletters via email and on their members only websites to keep from having to raise dues to cover the ever increasing costs. Saved them a lot of money, and the pushback was minimal as the members could print out the 12 pages on their personal printers if they chose to. Out of the three organizations with over 300 members, only one member resigned because he couldn’t get a reduction in dues commensurate with the cost savings...(he was a PIA anyway, so no true loss). If the magazine in question is still viable, electronic publishing is the way to keep it alive, and it’s become more common to pay for online subscriptions to be eco friendly.

As to Tesoro, I owned a used Tiger Shark for a few months because I was impressed with the history of the company. When I heard they shut out their employees, I sold my machine for what I paid for it. During that short ownership, I learned that there was no new innovation coming from Tesoro, so I surmised their demise was imminent. IMO, i doubt they’re going to be acquired by anyone, because they really have nothing but the name that is any value. From a technology perspective, they’re in the dark ages, and their following is nothing like the major players today. That’s not to demean anyone who is a Tesoro fan and owner, it’s just the way I see the company.

Today’s business climate demands that if you are going to survive and thrive, you must stay on the cutting edge of technology and accept that the only constant is change. Amazon and eBay have changed the way we shop, and this is evident in my town by how quickly our monster mall parking lot is being gobbled up by new businesses in these outlots. Restaurants, Hobby Lobby, fuel stations are all filling the spaces that once held cars during the Christmas season, but have deteriorated from lack of use in the last 5-10 years. A major retailer in the mall folded, and the space is now a bowling alley and giant game room with the most current electronic games. Two major malls in the area have been torn down after closing due to low traffic and high crime because of the low traffic. One is now the site of an Amazon mega warehouse that will provide more full time jobs than the previous mall could ever hope to provide.

It’s all about change and technology, and those who fail to embrace both are doomed to fail. No sector of the economy is spared, and the consumer demands the supplier provide the latest and greatest of everything.

Interestingly, while change is the only constant, it’s the single most thing that people fear and resist. Nobody wants their world rocked, yet they want the latest and greatest of everything. Go figure...

That’s my two cents, and a few more thrown in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread