Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    El Dorado: Gold is where you find it.

Apr 2015
    Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
    2492 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I had a package that the sender had inadvertently put the wrong ZIP code on it. Everything else was correct. I was able to track the package all over SoCal for 3 weeks, (including into my city!) when it was returned to the sender. In this day and age, any 6 year old with a computer (or smart phone) can go on the internet and get the correct ZIP code for any address, but the post office can't

JB
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5440 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yes i married a girl that was a Postal Worker...i had nothing but problems for 6 years !
    Gary
    Last edited by G.A.P.metal; Jan 17, 2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Trump
    Gare, RustyGold, doc-d and 4 others like this.
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Jul 2016
    1525 times
    Some really old dude showed up at my house on a horse last week with a letter that was really old....said he had trouble crossing the Mississippi.
    I sell alot online and I have been very lucky. Last year one package was lost and there is a USPS # you can call for an internal investigation....I did and my package reappeared within 24 hrs. 1 package was damaged and I filed a claim with USPS and they refunded me 100%. I sent over $20,000 worth of items so not a bad rate in my book. No complaints.

I have not had any problems. Even stuff from across the pond is getting here ok. Anything I ship ALWAYS has a USPS tracking number. Always. Now a couple items have sat in a particular post office a few days, but I don't consider that a problem. FedEx is too expensive around here. I have to drive 20 miles to get to a UPS office.
    A2coins likes this.

Oct 2006
    139 times
    A few years back,I sent my CTX in for repair to Fl.used tracking and insured and Minelab never gets it.I call up USPS and they track it to one of their shipping centers but no one can find it they say and i must wait like 21 days until i can file a claim,when the time passes and I file the claim lo and behold it is suddenly found and sent on it's way with no one able to say where it had been hiding!Never again a detector with USPS.
    SD51 and A2coins like this.

LI Tom, I had something broken, and they do have to wait something like 30 days to pay out on a claim, I don't think that's anything new. They paid.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2010
    1251 times
    Always use Delivery Conformation or Signature Conformation. If the package is on the street and scanned, it captures the Long./Lat.. It may not tell the difference between 200 and 202 South Main St. but it will tell if it's 200 North Main St..
    If you have made a complaint at your local P.O. and had no satisfaction, make a complaint on line. Your local office has to resolve those to someone up above.
    One of my customers once had a tube of 6' fishing poles lost at a processing center in California. He complained locally and had no resolve. Filed on line complaint and the Supervisor here had been in the processing center and called there, and told the supervisor there to go to a certain place in the line and get the package. It was a place along the line where clerks would pull oversized packages off the conveyor belt and never get them put back on the conveyor. The large packages mess up the system. My customer got his rods delivered. Good luck.
    RustyGold, doc-d and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    957 times
    I got a call from the Post Office later in the day and the package was found and is about 60 miles from the town it needs to go to. It should be delivered 1-18-2019. I do not need to tell you i was a bit scared for a while. I DO WANT to thank everyone so far that gave there input on this. i can see in the future anyone i ship to will have the option to purchase insurance . I will keep all notified on its progress here AND THANKS !!!
    RustyGold, doc-d, SD51 and 2 others like this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / XP ORX / MI-6 /
    7491 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I got a call from the Post Office later in the day and the package was found and is about 60 miles from the town it needs to go to. It should be delivered 1-18-2019. I do not need to tell you i was a bit scared for a while. I DO WANT to thank everyone so far that gave there input on this. i can see in the future anyone i ship to will have the option to purchase insurance . I will keep all notified on its progress here AND THANKS !!!
    Very happy to read you/they found the shipment Gary. It can be very stressful when a buyer doesn’t get his delivery.
    Gare and A2coins like this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5440 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Gare
    Glad the P.O. found out where your package is ...hope it will work out for you now, good luck .
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5653 times
    I run a business and receive the payments through my PO box. On numerous occasions I have received envelopes that are ripped in half with no contents and ripped open with nothing in it.... No explanation from the post office they just shrug their shoulders.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    28000 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Glad things are now working out!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dennis

Sep 2018
    Conshohocken PA
    Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    814 times
    All the time post office in my town is ridiculous only have 1 window open usually a 20 minute to 1/2 hour wait in line and 75% of the employees are not efficient at their job actually been going to the PO in next town over
    RustyGold and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rick

Jan 2011
    Yuma, AZ
    Mxt, Gold Bug
    980 times
    I've had two instances of "delayed shipment" notices in the last year. Both showed up within a few days of the notice.
    You can't get where you want to be if you stay where you're at!

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4543 times
    From Angleton Texas I sent my 2014 Taxes to my tax preparing accountant in California. I sent all my Papers in a solid envelope with the correct TO: address as well as the correct FROM: address both absolutely legible, like word processed labels. It went from Angleton to Houston, a 32 mile distance, and did not leave the Houston office for two months. They said it was a bad address. How Odd as FedEx had absolutely no problem delivering the second set of my papers to the Cali address. When I asked the Angleton Post Master to get the package back I was told they could not return it to me post haste as I asked for it back, its my tax papers!!

They FINALLY received the package back in Angleton, 2 months later, telling me it was a bad address so I showed them the business card for my CPA, same address as on the package. She was astonished when I requested a full refund for my Certified, Return Receipt package that was never delivered to Cali. She also NEVER even looked at the tracking information so she understood what had happened to the customers mail.

Some US P.O.'s still have integrity but a Heck of a lot of them Are Useless as used toilet paper. IMHO.............63bkpkr
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; Jan 18, 2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links