Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ?

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Always use Delivery Conformation or Signature Conformation. If the package is on the street and scanned, it captures the Long./Lat.. It may not tell the difference between 200 and 202 South Main St. but it will tell if it's 200 North Main St..
If you have made a complaint at your local P.O. and had no satisfaction, make a complaint on line. Your local office has to resolve those to someone up above.
One of my customers once had a tube of 6' fishing poles lost at a processing center in California. He complained locally and had no resolve. Filed on line complaint and the Supervisor here had been in the processing center and called there, and told the supervisor there to go to a certain place in the line and get the package. It was a place along the line where clerks would pull oversized packages off the conveyor belt and never get them put back on the conveyor. The large packages mess up the system. My customer got his rods delivered. Good luck.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call from the Post Office later in the day and the package was found and is about 60 miles from the town it needs to go to. It should be delivered 1-18-2019. I do not need to tell you i was a bit scared for a while. I DO WANT to thank everyone so far that gave there input on this. i can see in the future anyone i ship to will have the option to purchase insurance . I will keep all notified on its progress here AND THANKS !!!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a call from the Post Office later in the day and the package was found and is about 60 miles from the town it needs to go to. It should be delivered 1-18-2019. I do not need to tell you i was a bit scared for a while. I DO WANT to thank everyone so far that gave there input on this. i can see in the future anyone i ship to will have the option to purchase insurance . I will keep all notified on its progress here AND THANKS !!!

Very happy to read you/they found the shipment Gary. It can be very stressful when a buyer doesn’t get his delivery.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run a business and receive the payments through my PO box. On numerous occasions I have received envelopes that are ripped in half with no contents and ripped open with nothing in it.... No explanation from the post office they just shrug their shoulders.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad things are now working out! :icon_thumleft:

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the time post office in my town is ridiculous only have 1 window open usually a 20 minute to 1/2 hour wait in line and 75% of the employees are not efficient at their job actually been going to the PO in next town over

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had two instances of "delayed shipment" notices in the last year. Both showed up within a few days of the notice.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Angleton Texas I sent my 2014 Taxes to my tax preparing accountant in California. I sent all my Papers in a solid envelope with the correct TO: address as well as the correct FROM: address both absolutely legible, like word processed labels. It went from Angleton to Houston, a 32 mile distance, and did not leave the Houston office for two months. They said it was a bad address. How Odd as FedEx had absolutely no problem delivering the second set of my papers to the Cali address. When I asked the Angleton Post Master to get the package back I was told they could not return it to me post haste as I asked for it back, its my tax papers!!

They FINALLY received the package back in Angleton, 2 months later, telling me it was a bad address so I showed them the business card for my CPA, same address as on the package. She was astonished when I requested a full refund for my Certified, Return Receipt package that was never delivered to Cali. She also NEVER even looked at the tracking information so she understood what had happened to the customers mail.

Some US P.O.'s still have integrity but a Heck of a lot of them Are Useless as used toilet paper. IMHO.............63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest UPDATE The PACKAGE was DELIVERED TODAY !!! AND NOT DAMAGED !!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Now i would like to thank all that made me fweel better LOL I really learned a lot from all that posted on this thred A GIANT THANK YOU !!!

From NOW ON i will purchase insurance !!!
I always get a tracking number !!

SO AGAIN THANKS ALL and I FEEL ONE HUNDRED TIMES BETTER :)

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those that seen my other posting about sending a package to a place in Missouri This is what scares me about sending a package to Russia

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since our regular mailman retired our mail delivery has been anything but normal....not sure why. ???

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread