Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    957 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ?

I shipped a metal detector to a person and the Post office said it should be there 1/14/2019 Now it did not show up and It now just says shipping delayed and no one can find it/ Anyone else have a bad experience that can share and make me feel better of a POSITIVE RESULT ? Like how long over due was your delivery ?
    T.C., A2coins and doc-d like this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2005
    Coastal Georgia
    XP Deus, XP ORX, Equinox 800, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
    194 times
    The US Postal Service is definitely not what it once was. Employees that now have no sense of urgency, just there for the paycheck.
    I have items damaged almost daily from being jammed, stuffed, or crammed into my mail box.
    At one time the postman would leave what didn't fit the mailbox on my porch.
    Hope it shows up soon.

geow
    Gare, A2coins and doc-d like this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    435 times
    Ive had empty boxes delivered. Apparently the PO believed the business sent me an empty box because one of their employees would never remove the contents of a box, tape it up and deliver it to me....

Get all the info you can, don't stop calling and demand your shipping money plus cost of contents be refunded. But be polite
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30021 times
    If shipping a detector you should always use signature required and insurance, doesn't matter if it is Postal, UPS or Fedex.

Hope it works out for you.
    Gare, T.C., dsdigger and 8 others like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    957 times
    But T H If they do not know where the package IS how will reqiring a signature help ?
    A2coins likes this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

us
    Feb 2015
    Yacolt WA
    EQ 800
    1679 times
    I have had delayed shipping due to bad weather like major snowstorms -
    A2coins, Joe-Dirt and JoeVal like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    But T H If they do not know where the package IS how will reqiring a signature help ?
    The insurance guarantees you get your money for the lost detector, the signature protects you if the buyer says he didnt receive it.
    T.C., dsdigger, A2coins and 2 others like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Mar 2018
    206 times
    All the freakin" time...usually use "USPS Priority Mail"...and I track that sucker every step of the way... That way if somebody states that it did not make it to XYZ USA...I can say..."Well...according to your USPS tracking log it was in Blah Blah Blah on (Insert date here) and in Blah Blah Blah on this date...So I suggest you find it because it's showing that you are the last one to see it" (Insert last post office to see package)

Got-Good-Tones
    T.C., dsdigger, A2coins and 1 others like this.

us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    5986 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    If I am correct, the postal union is no longer if effect. They will hire anybody off the street. For the last three years I have sent a package to my brother before Christmas, and the first two years they actually sent the package back to me. This last Christmas they never even left a note that they were holding it at the post office. It sat there on the shelf for three weeks until my brother went down there at my insistance that he go and check it out. The mail carrier never left a note. There is no excuse. If you don't want to loose your parcel, sent it through another service.
    A2coins and doc-d like this.

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 1862 Wheaties
    1681 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    I ordered a handheld GPS from Olathe, KS. DHL dropped it in Westborough, MA. Postoffice. From there it was missent to Belfast, Maine where according to tracking it sat there four days. Belfast is just across the river from Newfoundland. Yesterday it was on my doorstep with no further tracking noted. The Post office has always been good till now!
    Gare and A2coins like this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    3945 times
    In the future, only use FedEx period! The United States Pulverizing Service can't be trusted, especially if you have insured your package or if it has Fragile written on it. Hope your package finds its way to where its suppose to go.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1175 times
    I have had mixed service from USPS and agree with TH and insure and signature required on all expensive items (you determine what falls into that category). I receive a lot of items, no problem, maybe a little dirty or dented box but items inside A-okay. Have also had the problem of having empty packages delivered (really? like an empty, opened mailer with nothing is what was ordered?), and I question why someone other than the wonderful person who opened or damaged the package did not call a halt to the mail and have it taken care of or notice sent about it. Lost two batteries for an LG G5 cell phone, envelope was empty and it still got delivered. Also had deliveries that never updated on status only to show a month later. Not sure any delivery service is much better, take your chances and cover your shipment as best you can.
    Gare and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    30900 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Do fed ex and signature ,I shipped an item UPS once they asked would you like ins so I payed to ins it well it got broken when I tried to claim the ins they said well we cant cover it cause we didnt package it. Why the #### didnt you tell me that when you sold me the ins

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4495 times
    I shipped a clock to myself from Korea to Guam one time. I was in Korea on EML orders and doing a little shopping. It was insured so, after about 30 days of waiting i filed a claim with the post office. They paid the claim and i forgot about it. About a year later the clock showed up at my door. By the post marks on the package, it had been all over the place. Hawaii, Washington, Alaska and California! My address was clearly marked and no reason was given as to what happened. Anyhow, I contacted the local post office because i had received money for the claim. They told me to keep the clock and the claim money. That was back in the 1980's
    Last edited by Ammoman; Jan 17, 2019 at 02:56 PM.
    Dig till you drop!

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Minelab Equinox 600, AT max, AT pro, 8 coils, 2 Garrett carrots, 2 trash barrels (full) and some dull shovels.
    4606 times
    Coin shooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molewacker View Post
    I have had delayed shipping due to bad weather like major snowstorms -
    More than likely what happened, Ive had stuff delayed up to a week due to crappy winter weather. Also, I tip my postman with rye whiskey every Christmas

RustyGold likes this.
    I was a kid once, but I wasnt very good at it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links