Anyone else have a BAD experience with the US post Office ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shipped a metal detector to a person and the Post office said it should be there 1/14/2019 Now it did not show up and It now just says shipping delayed and no one can find it/ Anyone else have a bad experience that can share and make me feel better of a POSITIVE RESULT ? Like how long over due was your delivery ?

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
The US Postal Service is definitely not what it once was. Employees that now have no sense of urgency, just there for the paycheck.
I have items damaged almost daily from being jammed, stuffed, or crammed into my mail box.
At one time the postman would leave what didn't fit the mailbox on my porch.
Hope it shows up soon.

geow

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had empty boxes delivered. Apparently the PO believed the business sent me an empty box because one of their employees would never remove the contents of a box, tape it up and deliver it to me....

Get all the info you can, don't stop calling and demand your shipping money plus cost of contents be refunded. But be polite

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If shipping a detector you should always use signature required and insurance, doesn't matter if it is Postal, UPS or Fedex.

Hope it works out for you.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But T H If they do not know where the package IS how will reqiring a signature help ?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had delayed shipping due to bad weather like major snowstorms -

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But T H If they do not know where the package IS how will reqiring a signature help ?

The insurance guarantees you get your money for the lost detector, the signature protects you if the buyer says he didnt receive it.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the freakin" time...usually use "USPS Priority Mail"...and I track that sucker every step of the way...:laughing7: :laughing7: That way if somebody states that it did not make it to XYZ USA...I can say..."Well...according to your USPS tracking log it was in Blah Blah Blah on (Insert date here) and in Blah Blah Blah on this date...So I suggest you find it because it's showing that you are the last one to see it" (Insert last post office to see package)

Got-Good-Tones

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am correct, the postal union is no longer if effect. They will hire anybody off the street. For the last three years I have sent a package to my brother before Christmas, and the first two years they actually sent the package back to me. This last Christmas they never even left a note that they were holding it at the post office. It sat there on the shelf for three weeks until my brother went down there at my insistance that he go and check it out. The mail carrier never left a note. There is no excuse. If you don't want to loose your parcel, sent it through another service.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered a handheld GPS from Olathe, KS. DHL dropped it in Westborough, MA. Postoffice. From there it was missent to Belfast, Maine where according to tracking it sat there four days. Belfast is just across the river from Newfoundland. Yesterday it was on my doorstep with no further tracking noted. The Post office has always been good till now!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the future, only use FedEx period! The United States Pulverizing Service can't be trusted, especially if you have insured your package or if it has Fragile written on it. Hope your package finds its way to where its suppose to go.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had mixed service from USPS and agree with TH and insure and signature required on all expensive items (you determine what falls into that category). I receive a lot of items, no problem, maybe a little dirty or dented box but items inside A-okay. Have also had the problem of having empty packages delivered (really? like an empty, opened mailer with nothing is what was ordered?), and I question why someone other than the wonderful person who opened or damaged the package did not call a halt to the mail and have it taken care of or notice sent about it. Lost two batteries for an LG G5 cell phone, envelope was empty and it still got delivered. Also had deliveries that never updated on status only to show a month later. Not sure any delivery service is much better, take your chances and cover your shipment as best you can.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do fed ex and signature ,I shipped an item UPS once they asked would you like ins so I payed to ins it well it got broken when I tried to claim the ins they said well we cant cover it cause we didnt package it. Why the #### didnt you tell me that when you sold me the ins

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shipped a clock to myself from Korea to Guam one time. I was in Korea on EML orders and doing a little shopping. It was insured so, after about 30 days of waiting i filed a claim with the post office. They paid the claim and i forgot about it. About a year later the clock showed up at my door. By the post marks on the package, it had been all over the place. Hawaii, Washington, Alaska and California! My address was clearly marked and no reason was given as to what happened. Anyhow, I contacted the local post office because i had received money for the claim. They told me to keep the clock and the claim money. That was back in the 1980's

Last edited:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had delayed shipping due to bad weather like major snowstorms -

More than likely what happened, I’ve had stuff delayed up to a week due to crappy winter weather. Also, I tip my postman with rye whiskey every Christmas

:icon_thumright:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a package that the sender had inadvertently put the wrong ZIP code on it. Everything else was correct. I was able to track the package all over SoCal for 3 weeks, (including into my city!) when it was returned to the sender. In this day and age, any 6 year old with a computer (or smart phone) can go on the internet and get the correct ZIP code for any address, but the post office can't???

JB

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes i married a girl that was a Postal Worker...i had nothing but problems for 6 years !
Gary

Last edited:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really old dude showed up at my house on a horse last week with a letter that was really old....said he had trouble crossing the Mississippi.
I sell alot online and I have been very lucky. Last year one package was lost and there is a USPS # you can call for an internal investigation....I did and my package reappeared within 24 hrs. 1 package was damaged and I filed a claim with USPS and they refunded me 100%. I sent over $20,000 worth of items so not a bad rate in my book. No complaints.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had any problems. Even stuff from across the pond is getting here ok. Anything I ship ALWAYS has a USPS tracking number. Always. Now a couple items have sat in a particular post office a few days, but I don't consider that a problem. FedEx is too expensive around here. I have to drive 20 miles to get to a UPS office.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
A few years back,I sent my CTX in for repair to Fl.used tracking and insured and Minelab never gets it.I call up USPS and they track it to one of their shipping centers but no one can find it they say and i must wait like 21 days until i can file a claim,when the time passes and I file the claim lo and behold it is suddenly found and sent on it's way with no one able to say where it had been hiding!Never again a detector with USPS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread