Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: it was a maxed out scooter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11381 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    oh they get a lot skimpier than that at Walmart. I am amazed that anyone would be seen like they dress or barely dress. I saw a woman dressed with only men's overalls on and there was no doubt about it. Watched an older guy walk into a counter as he stared at her. A woman last week was bundled up with a heavy coat and short shorts with flip flops as she went in. crazy
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    2809 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Icewing View Post
    So true, but it's not just the women of Wal*Mart. My wife and I were at an Outback Steakhouse when my wife pointed out to me that nearly all of the women in there were wearing pajamas. Just another sign of these bassakwards times.
    You got that right Icewing. It seems that years ago folks at times could find themselves in embarrassing situations........Not so in today's world it seems. What used to be the Norm has turned into the AbNorm.
    Kace likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    2809 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    Yes devldog, Walmart is an interesting place to say the least. Could someone please tell me what's with people wearing pajamas to stores, eating venues and to my college classes!
    It has to be something in the water. Do you ever remember older folks saying not to drink the water? Could just be something to it. We could start a new show and instead of it being called the Living Dead, we could call it the "Walmart Wanderers".
    Kace likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    4888 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    oh they get a lot skimpier than that at Walmart. I am amazed that anyone would be seen like they dress or barely dress. I saw a woman dressed with only men's overalls on and there was no doubt about it. Watched an older guy walk into a counter as he stared at her. A woman last week was bundled up with a heavy coat and short shorts with flip flops as she went in. crazy
    Skimpy I don't mind, and sometimes even encourage but down right skanky is another.
    Kace and devldog like this.
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    19547 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Around here it's the men that I always see in the PJ's at the stores. Never women.
    Kace likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    23318 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Smokeythecat, around here its about 90% female and 10% male wearing PJ's, but the males seem to be increasing in numbers.
    Kace and devldog like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4385 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    I have a neighbor who Mows HIS Lawn in Daisey Dukes and Safety Glasses! On occasion he'll wear a Speedo...And Safety Glasses. lol!

That's hard to UN-See.

He also has a Boxster and since he's so tall...his head is above the windshield. He can't drive it with the top up.

Kace

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    818 times
    Several things ...

Regarding overweight (obese, fat, chubby ... you pick the word) persons, I know there are people who genuinely have a problem that they can't control. I also know there is a difference between being big and being fat. I have friends who are genuinely big people but they are not fat or overweight. What I am amazed by are those people who simply eat too much and move too little. I have fought the fight with weight all my life (I'm about 20 pounds overweight) but I continue the effort. What I don't understand is how a 5'-7" person who should weigh around 130 pounds gets to be 300 or 400 pounds. When, exactly, did that sneak up on them? Didn't they notice that clothes were getting a bit snug? Don't they own a mirror? For goodness sake, folks, put down the fork and step away from the table.

Now, about the dress codes. I taught in the public school system and was amazed at the rapid rate at which the dress code went from "dress for success" to "wear whatever you have on". The one thing I did not allow in my classroom was sleeveless shirts on boys. The fashion trend toward ladies wearing yoga pants everywhere is either interesting or disturbing. It becomes disturbing when it looks like someone is smuggling cottage cheese. As Jeff Foxworth said, sometimes you have to say "no" to Spandex. Same thing holds true for guys who wear their shirts un-tucked with that crucial beer belly hanging out under it. Let's not even think about plumber's crack.

So ends my rant.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    23318 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Stringtyer,

I see your point about dress code...unfortunately, I see the failing of it everyday, especially in the college environment! I have students come to class in sub-zero temperatures in short pants, running shorts, no coat...etc. When I question them, they say its not cold outside I have figured it is not do to finances, but rather this cool tough guy mentality. Now, I'm 6' 4" and still wear pants and a coat in the winter...am I crazy? Oh, I'm one of the only Physics and Engineering Professors who dresses up for class (slacks, collared shirt and tie). Perhaps its a sign of the times, but I'm not giving in just yet!

Doc
    devldog, Kace and Kray Gelder like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4385 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringtyer View Post
    Several things ...

Regarding overweight (obese, fat, chubby ... you pick the word) persons, I know there are people who genuinely have a problem that they can't control. I also know there is a difference between being big and being fat. I have friends who are genuinely big people but they are not fat or overweight. What I am amazed by are those people who simply eat too much and move too little. I have fought the fight with weight all my life (I'm about 20 pounds overweight) but I continue the effort. What I don't understand is how a 5'-7" person who should weigh around 130 pounds gets to be 300 or 400 pounds. When, exactly, did that sneak up on them? Didn't they notice that clothes were getting a bit snug? Don't they own a mirror? For goodness sake, folks, put down the fork and step away from the table.

Now, about the dress codes. I taught in the public school system and was amazed at the rapid rate at which the dress code went from "dress for success" to "wear whatever you have on". The one thing I did not allow in my classroom was sleeveless shirts on boys. The fashion trend toward ladies wearing yoga pants everywhere is either interesting or disturbing. It becomes disturbing when it looks like someone is smuggling cottage cheese. As Jeff Foxworth said, sometimes you have to say "no" to Spandex. Same thing holds true for guys who wear their shirts un-tucked with that crucial beer belly hanging out under it. Let's not even think about plumber's crack.

So ends my rant.
    I think that when they started putting Elastic in a lot of Men's and Women's pants...Nobody really noticed any clothing getting tighter! lol! Just my thoughts...

The spandex is a whole 'nother thing.

Kace

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    3718 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    These poor little Honda's...They rode cross country on them!!

Kace

Attachment 1671820
    i haven’t seen that picture in years. Lol.
    Kace likes this.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11381 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    no spandex please, those are just scary!
    Kace likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    4925 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    Stringtyer,

I see your point about dress code...unfortunately, I see the failing of it everyday, especially in the college environment! I have students come to class in sub-zero temperatures in short pants, running shorts, no coat...etc. When I question them, they say its not cold outside I have figured it is not do to finances, but rather this cool tough guy mentality. Now, I'm 6' 4" and still wear pants and a coat in the winter...am I crazy? Oh, I'm one of the only Physics and Engineering Professors who dresses up for class (slacks, collared shirt and tie). Perhaps its a sign of the times, but I'm not giving in just yet!

Doc
    You're not crazy. You have respect...for self and others.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8937 times
    PJs for men, what that like a pair of sock and under pants if its cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links