it was a maxed out scooter

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a neighbor who Mows HIS Lawn in Daisey Dukes and Safety Glasses! On occasion he'll wear a Speedo...And Safety Glasses. lol!

That's hard to UN-See.

He also has a Boxster and since he's so tall...his head is above the windshield. He can't drive it with the top up.

Kace

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several things ...

Regarding overweight (obese, fat, chubby ... you pick the word) persons, I know there are people who genuinely have a problem that they can't control. I also know there is a difference between being big and being fat. I have friends who are genuinely big people but they are not fat or overweight. What I am amazed by are those people who simply eat too much and move too little. I have fought the fight with weight all my life (I'm about 20 pounds overweight) but I continue the effort. What I don't understand is how a 5'-7" person who should weigh around 130 pounds gets to be 300 or 400 pounds. When, exactly, did that sneak up on them? Didn't they notice that clothes were getting a bit snug? Don't they own a mirror? For goodness sake, folks, put down the fork and step away from the table.

Now, about the dress codes. I taught in the public school system and was amazed at the rapid rate at which the dress code went from "dress for success" to "wear whatever you have on". The one thing I did not allow in my classroom was sleeveless shirts on boys. The fashion trend toward ladies wearing yoga pants everywhere is either interesting or disturbing. It becomes disturbing when it looks like someone is smuggling cottage cheese. As Jeff Foxworth said, sometimes you have to say "no" to Spandex. Same thing holds true for guys who wear their shirts un-tucked with that crucial beer belly hanging out under it. Let's not even think about plumber's crack.

So ends my rant.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stringtyer,

I see your point about dress code...unfortunately, I see the failing of it everyday, especially in the college environment! I have students come to class in sub-zero temperatures in short pants, running shorts, no coat...etc. When I question them, they say its not cold outside??? I have figured it is not do to finances, but rather this cool tough guy mentality. Now, I'm 6' 4" and still wear pants and a coat in the winter...am I crazy? Oh, I'm one of the only Physics and Engineering Professors who dresses up for class (slacks, collared shirt and tie). Perhaps its a sign of the times, but I'm not giving in just yet!

Doc

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Several things ...

Regarding overweight (obese, fat, chubby ... you pick the word) persons, I know there are people who genuinely have a problem that they can't control. I also know there is a difference between being big and being fat. I have friends who are genuinely big people but they are not fat or overweight. What I am amazed by are those people who simply eat too much and move too little. I have fought the fight with weight all my life (I'm about 20 pounds overweight) but I continue the effort. What I don't understand is how a 5'-7" person who should weigh around 130 pounds gets to be 300 or 400 pounds. When, exactly, did that sneak up on them? Didn't they notice that clothes were getting a bit snug? Don't they own a mirror? For goodness sake, folks, put down the fork and step away from the table.

Now, about the dress codes. I taught in the public school system and was amazed at the rapid rate at which the dress code went from "dress for success" to "wear whatever you have on". The one thing I did not allow in my classroom was sleeveless shirts on boys. The fashion trend toward ladies wearing yoga pants everywhere is either interesting or disturbing. It becomes disturbing when it looks like someone is smuggling cottage cheese. As Jeff Foxworth said, sometimes you have to say "no" to Spandex. Same thing holds true for guys who wear their shirts un-tucked with that crucial beer belly hanging out under it. Let's not even think about plumber's crack.

So ends my rant.

I think that when they started putting Elastic in a lot of Men's and Women's pants...Nobody really noticed any clothing getting tighter! lol! Just my thoughts...

The spandex is a whole 'nother thing.

Kace

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no spandex please, those are just scary!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stringtyer,

I see your point about dress code...unfortunately, I see the failing of it everyday, especially in the college environment! I have students come to class in sub-zero temperatures in short pants, running shorts, no coat...etc. When I question them, they say its not cold outside??? I have figured it is not do to finances, but rather this cool tough guy mentality. Now, I'm 6' 4" and still wear pants and a coat in the winter...am I crazy? Oh, I'm one of the only Physics and Engineering Professors who dresses up for class (slacks, collared shirt and tie). Perhaps its a sign of the times, but I'm not giving in just yet!

Doc

You're not crazy. You have respect...for self and others.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
PJs for men, what that like a pair of sock and under pants if its cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread