Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No big deal for a lot of you but here, snow or ice can mean the same thing, power outages for us. when you live in and around the mountains (at least in this county) our local power supply can be intermittent or none. Of course when the snow word or ice word is used, the milk and bread supplies disappear instantly. You would think it was a massive flood coming LOL. The great thing is that this is the first time in 10 years that a power outage is no big deal for us in keeping warm NOT ALL ELECTRIC! The power has flickered numerous times but we also have super strong winds around this mountain. We had all of the tall pines near the house cut so that no chance of hits on vehicles or buildings. previously had several near misses, one time, a big pine on both sides of my truck, took two days to get it free. Yeah, we have some that freak out when it snows and they drive like it too. Me, I have lived just south of Chicago and 3 years in Germany. Got a truck and a jeep and gas heat if we need it so no problems here. Now keeping the bird feeders full is another problem bu a good one. Keep Warm all!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You forgot about toilet paper. They always go for the toilet paper.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes I did, it is crazy how people act and drive when it snows around here. in a small town, they go to town to eat only to find everything is closed! LOL

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And its coming here too!

66Seabee

Greenie
Nov 16, 2017
Woodland Park, Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800, AT Max, AT Pro, MXT, GMT, Goldmaster 4, Garrett Sea Hunter, Go Find 60.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came thru my place 2 days ago. More on the way this coming week. The good news though is that it's usually a dry, champagne type of snow since our house sits at 8,600'. Looking at the back side of Pikes Peak right now :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the wonderful story! :icon_thumleft:

That snow is coming to Massachusetts tonight...Ugh! :BangHead:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever sent this Northerner down to Louisiana, I wish I could kick your B___. LOL! The winds are blowing at 16 MPH. I'm outside, hauling in plants, covering others with a light, feeding my fowl extra feed. Hayed the cows earlier while the sun was shining & it was warmer. Temps dropped liked 30+ degrees. Long as it doesn't snow, I'm happy. Louisiana is not made for snow...we have more damage from snow than in 3-4 hurricanes combined.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds like you are very prepared, funny how people react. Same thing here if a hurricane is coming. Bread and milk gone, then water, then gasoline.... and you are right people start driving crazy! We have a ban on alcohol and ammunition during a 'cane. One guy was interviewed after a really bad hurricane(s) in 2004 and asked what would you do next time. His answer: "I would buy beer and bullets!" haha Stay safe, stay warm.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the howling winds have subsided to just pretty windy and the snow has quit. it actually warmed up a tiny bit just enough to melt a little bit on the roads to make some water. of course it is 19 degrees here at the house now so the ice is going to be rough tonight and tomorrow with the snow. The mail actually ran so I had to use the four wheel drive to get it up to my father. oh yeah, DON'T EAT THE YELLOW SNOW! The three year old granson thought it was cool, the yellow snow LOL

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Minnesota we can have big snow storms back to back. But it doesn’t make a difference if it snowed yesterday and going to snow tomorrow, as soon as the forecast comes out the stores are full of people buying milk, bread and other necessities. I mean how many loaves of bread do you need. The funny thing is we can go years without a storm that shuts down roads for more than a day so you really don’t need to stock up at all.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Maryland tomorrow night the winds are going to howl at about 20 mph with gusts higher and tomorrow night a balmy 7 degrees. At least that's above zero!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 degrees here and just finished snowing... kinda feels like a Spring day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread