To Veterans

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep....Your signature says HUGE Scorpions....How big were they...if you can compare them to something?
Did you guys sleep on the ground or in tents? I'm assuming ground if your bathroom was a chair out in the open.
Kace

Those scorpions in Cambodia were as large as lobsters. I had a hole in the ground where I slept. One day I went to my hole (open to the sky chiseled out of hard dirt) and there was a beautiful (?) shiny black scorpion. I hollered whoa! Flipped it out of my hole onto the bank above. One of the guys squirted it with lighter fluid, another threw a match on it and burned it to death. Then we chopped it up with a machete - it had white meat on it - kinda like a lobster.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Those scorpions in Cambodia were as large as lobsters. I had a hole in the ground where I slept. One day I went to my hole (open to the sky chiseled out of hard dirt) and there was a beautiful (?) shiny black scorpion. I hollered whoa! Flipped it out of my hole onto the bank above. One of the guys squirted it with lighter fluid, another threw a match on it and burned it to death. Then we chopped it up with a machete - it had white meat on it - kinda like a lobster.

WOW!! That's Amazing! Ive read about Crabs that can get about 3' in size, but I had No Idea that Scorpions could get that big...I don't think I could of slept without at least a Net Tent.

Were there a lot of snakes there?

If you'd rather I didn't ask these type of questions I understand.

Kace

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW!! That's Amazing! Ive read about Crabs that can get about 3' in size, but I had No Idea that Scorpions could get that big...I don't think I could of slept without at least a Net Tent.

Were there a lot of snakes there?

If you'd rather I didn't ask these type of questions I understand.

Kace

I heard about the snakes, but never actually saw one. For me the biggest problems were the skeeters. Swarms of them wanting my blood. The scorpion was a one time thing. In base camps, I had a fan blowing on me at night, both to cool and keep the skeeters off. And of course, there were also the leeches - covered with them after bathing in a stream. Smoked then, stickem with a lit cigarette and they'd immediately drop off. They were truly disgusting.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep...If you ever got a letter written in a #2 pencil on Big Chief Tablet Paper in a package with good stuff, it might of been from me...The letter I mean...My Dad gave my Mom a list of stuff soldiers like to get. I doubt my letters would of been all that memorable...unless you liked hearing about my mini bike and dog Snoopy, which I couldn't of had either if it wasn't for you and all the guys with you and before you. I still have the mini bike...Because of you guys and the guys After you.

A new place opened pretty close to me called Headquarters....Its for Vets and First Responders to hang out. Lots of Vets who ride are involved in it. Im going to start taking my Vietnam era forward finds there. They use tags, patches and medals from guys to decorate with too. Along with other stuff plus .40 and .50cal Shells as shakers. They have their own wine line all named and recognizing vets and first responders. Sometimes I locate a family who doesn't want a tag from that era I find so it will go there too instead of the VFW. The old ones I find and can't locate family will still go to VFW. They also have a plaque that anyone's name can be put on who didn't make it back. Lots of nice things there.

The Best Part of the place is when you go in, you can write your name on a lite board and put on there however much money you want to spend on drinks/appetizers for vets. I think that's great. Buy Vets whatever they want to drink and eat. It's a Nice way to say Thank You and You Are Appreciated. I know a lot of guys that I didn't know for a long time that they were vets...Women too that were out of the Army/Navy bases in the KC area... it's still hard to tell most of the time. Unless someone is holding a sign at a stoplight saying they are a vet and then I don't know really how to tell if it's true or they are just saying that for money. Is there a question I could ask that would verify they are vets ot just posers?

Don't ever doubt Deep, no matter what some people said or was printed that there Are Still People Who Think You All Are Heros.

Sincerely,
Kace

Kace, you are truly a kind and honorable young man...I salute you.:icon_salut:

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace, you are truly a kind and honorable young man...I salute you.:icon_salut:

Thank You TC... I appreciate that, but I don't think I'm any different than most people, I've just gotten to the point in my life where I do not wait to say to people what they mean to me. I've seen in the last few years that I might not have a chance to tell the folks if I wait too long. Almost everyday I see a part of most of you guys sharing stories and knowledge, so even though I haven't talked to or met most of you in person...I still look forward to seeing what's going on with you...If that makes sense.

I've learned a lot here from so many of you guys that do not have to share your knowledge but do. I appreciate that too. I especially appreciate when things are explained...like geofact vs artifact or the quartz debate just as an example instead of saying it's just a rock to people who might not have anyone to teach them the difference. On the other hand, I've seen you guys go to great lengths to explain something like that only to have the person be insulting back. I don't get that.

I've had really knowledgeable people in my life, but not everyone has had that blessing. My father was a vet as was most of the family and he made sure I knew the sacrifices made and respect due to vets.... if you didn't know him very well, you wouldn't of known he was a vet...He didn't talk about it. Now, his Mother did and she kept the star flag she had hanging in the window while he was serving her whole life...framed in her den when he got back. A scared but proud Mother she was of her son while he was overseas.

There's a lot of vets here and I want everyone to know I think vets are Heros and Really Appreciate the sacrifices so others could have great and safe lives.

My dad was very patient in explaining everything in life that might come up to me.... a lot of people I know didn't have fathers or mothers like mine and they were extremely kind to friends of mine who had some not so great things in their family. My Mother still is like that, with everyone who is fortunate enough to cross her path. If I even have half the character my parents and grandparents had/have I'm blessed.

I'm also blessed to have you guys to learn from and hear your stories and see your successes, in whatever you've done, or you're doing.

Thanks Again TC...I've also always liked your avatar too!

Kace

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems you have an awesome, caring character about you Kace and I’d be very proud of you if I was your Dad.
Thanks for the love that you pour out to the veterans and current service men and women.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems you have an awesome, caring character about you Kace and I’d be very proud of you if I was your Dad.
Thanks for the love that you pour out to the veterans and current service men and women.

Thank You Rusty...That Really Means A Lot to Me.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread