Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree16Likes
  • 12 Post By bergie
  • 2 Post By OreElse
  • 1 Post By bergie
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering

Thread: Old Coke Sign and Old Man!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2004
    768 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Old Coke Sign and Old Man!

Intersting day - went to a tiny out of the way town where I got permission to search an old country store from around the turn of the century. Was fired up, but it was either already hit or they didn't drop anything (meaning it was hit). However, check out the old Coke sign still attached to the former store. You can see the word Drink and the woman's image. The owner might be open to selling the sign, so wondering how much it would be worth in that condition. Any ideas? Then came across this nice old homeless guy in an empty lot - quite an artist. He was drawing in great detail the restaurant across the street. It's just on the back of an old canvas sign and not even a smooth surface, but he was doing a nice job. I'm going to try to find him again and buy him some real art supplies. He goes by the name Nature. So nothing came out of the ground, but a good day anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCphoto.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	1672649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCphoto2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	1672650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCphoto3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	1672651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCphoto4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	1672653  

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4371 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergie View Post
    Intersting day - went to a tiny out of the way town where I got permission to search an old country store from around the turn of the century. Was fired up, but it was either already hit or they didn't drop anything (meaning it was hit). However, check out the old Coke sign still attached to the former store. You can see the word Drink and the woman's image. The owner might be open to selling the sign, so wondering how much it would be worth in that condition. Any ideas? Then came across this nice old homeless guy in an empty lot - quite an artist. He was drawing in great detail the restaurant across the street. It's just on the back of an old canvas sign and not even a smooth surface, but he was doing a nice job. I'm going to try to find him again and buy him some real art supplies. He goes by the name Nature. So nothing came out of the ground, but a good day anyway.
    That Store is Sweet Looking! Can you buy the whole building? That would make a Great Cabin!

Are those lights on either side of the Coke Sign?... The White 5 Row piece or pieces?

The man is a good artist... very kind of you to buy him some art supplies!

Kace

Charter Member
    us
    Rick

Jan 2011
    Yuma, AZ
    Mxt, Gold Bug
    969 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You found the "other kind" of treasures today. We don't always dig em! I hope you find Nature again, I'm sure he'd appreciate the art supplies. The old store has a character all its own!
    You can't get where you want to be if you stay where you're at!

Aug 2004
    768 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thank you, and Kace, those are pieces of metal (maybe aluminum) not lights. This town is really lost to time because it's not on a main road but what is now a residential area.
    Kace likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    23298 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Looks like a very nice place to hunt and hangout to relax. Nature is a fine artist!
    Kace likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    3713 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Did you hunt behind the store or look for the old outhouse?

Aug 2004
    768 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I will have to go back and go behind the building. The owner was having a party for friends, so I didn't want to get in the way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links