Old Coke Sign and Old Man!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Intersting day - went to a tiny out of the way town where I got permission to search an old country store from around the turn of the century. Was fired up, but it was either already hit or they didn't drop anything (meaning it was hit). However, check out the old Coke sign still attached to the former store. You can see the word Drink and the woman's image. The owner might be open to selling the sign, so wondering how much it would be worth in that condition. Any ideas? Then came across this nice old homeless guy in an empty lot - quite an artist. He was drawing in great detail the restaurant across the street. It's just on the back of an old canvas sign and not even a smooth surface, but he was doing a nice job. I'm going to try to find him again and buy him some real art supplies. He goes by the name Nature. So nothing came out of the ground, but a good day anyway.

Attachments

• OCphoto.jpg
    OCphoto.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 97
  • OCphoto2.jpg
    OCphoto2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 96
  • OCphoto3.jpg
    OCphoto3.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 114
  • OCphoto4.jpg
    OCphoto4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 106

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Intersting day - went to a tiny out of the way town where I got permission to search an old country store from around the turn of the century. Was fired up, but it was either already hit or they didn't drop anything (meaning it was hit). However, check out the old Coke sign still attached to the former store. You can see the word Drink and the woman's image. The owner might be open to selling the sign, so wondering how much it would be worth in that condition. Any ideas? Then came across this nice old homeless guy in an empty lot - quite an artist. He was drawing in great detail the restaurant across the street. It's just on the back of an old canvas sign and not even a smooth surface, but he was doing a nice job. I'm going to try to find him again and buy him some real art supplies. He goes by the name Nature. So nothing came out of the ground, but a good day anyway.

That Store is Sweet Looking! Can you buy the whole building? That would make a Great Cabin!

Are those lights on either side of the Coke Sign?... The White 5 Row piece or pieces?

The man is a good artist... very kind of you to buy him some art supplies!

Kace

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found the "other kind" of treasures today. We don't always dig em! I hope you find Nature again, I'm sure he'd appreciate the art supplies. The old store has a character all its own!

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thank you, and Kace, those are pieces of metal (maybe aluminum) not lights. This town is really lost to time because it's not on a main road but what is now a residential area.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a very nice place to hunt and hangout to relax.:icon_thumleft: Nature is a fine artist!

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I will have to go back and go behind the building. The owner was having a party for friends, so I didn't want to get in the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread