Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Feeling exited!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    293 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by IAHOLEDIGGER View Post
    Ordered a Minelab Equinox 800 this morning. I can’t wait to get it. My first detector in 12 years. I have been watching tons of YouTube videos and downloaded the manual. Is there anything else I should should know. I know there is people who love and people who don’t like it. Is there any insight from current users . This is my first minelab. Thanks
    I believe most people with a ton of "quick" success with the Nox are the one's coming from Minelab or other complex machines. I guess that shouldn't be surprising but something to keep in mind. That's not to say the Nox is particularly complex but I've just found it tough to digest all the nuances with the sounds and VDI that many of the successful users talk about. So my advice is be patient. Pick a setting and stick with it. Even with using a different ground balance, you'll find the machine kind of changes. I know someone suggested a cheat sheet but I would argue against this unless you are going to the same site repeatedly. Like I said, the VDI numbers can vary depending on the day/site/conditions.
    63bkpkr and IAHOLEDIGGER like this.

Mar 2014
    513 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeVal View Post
    I have the 600, and really enjoy it. Like yourself, I did the research and watched a plethora of videos from setup to underwater hunting. I would suggest making a cheat sheet initially until you commit the numbers to memory. I made a cover for my unit because of the slop I was hunting in, and taped the sheet to the top of the cover so I could flip it out of the way when not needed. It only takes a few outings to dial it in. If youíre a dig it all person, then the sheet is unnecessary.

One thing I have started doing is hunting with my machine wide open with max sensitivity and all metal mode. I change only when necessary, which is when the noise starts getting annoying. Both sensitivity and all metal can be quickly changed without getting into the menu system.

Good luck and happy hunting. Itís really an easy machine to learn.

Attachment 1673385

Attachment 1673387
    I can tell you definitively that a $10 gold eagle hits at 22-23 in this neck of the woods on an 800
    Truth1253 likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Jan 2019
    16 times
    Congrats iaholedigging for this great moment.

Jan 2019
    16 times
    Keep sharing these interesting threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links