Is this person the best coin shooter ever?

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Gibbsium said:

No Lloyd Coke does not mention his career total....Paul Campbell found over 221,000 coins total...but lloyd says over 36,000 in one year...that would be the most I have heard in one year...thanks for posting...Wonder if there are some others out there that cleared 20,000 in a year or over 200,000 total ???

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Also the year Lloyd found over 36,000 his per coin average is only 4.94 cents per coin....that I hate to say is pretty lousy!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bakergeol said:
I guess opinions vary. A lot of experienced coin hunters simply ignore recent clad and go after deep old coinage.

My philosophy is quality over quantity. For example Tom in Ca with 11 gold coins or UK Brian( gold coin totals- I believe are in the three figures)would be my nominees.

George

amen bakergeol - I'm on the same page. I hunt for deep, old coins and
am not interested in quantity. When I see big numbers like this - my eyes just kinda glaze over thinking about digging that many coins. If he can dig that many coins in a year - good for him!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Hey Gregg, I believe this possible only if you actually have the time in your hands. Did the guy have a job? House paid off type of situation?There is no way in hell I could get 25% of his numbers in a year, but if I didn't have a job and lived with my parents, seriously, I see it possible, especially in this part of the US. I don't know how fertile things would be year after year, but as of now, you can dig coins until you wear yourself out. If this guy was legit (We all know not everyone is), and he does sound to be, that is an amazing count plus career/rep.

Ricardo..very well said...and as far as some not being legit...you are right i received some shocking info about one who is not truthful...but as you know...I am not going to embarrass anyone...unless they push it....remember that kid we got to admit he exaggerated a post here..sad...

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I know a guy that found $1200-$1500 a year for at least three years in a row with an XLT. If you figure that in strictly pennies, 120000 to 150000. Anyway you look at it, it's alot of coins.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
wildrider said:
I know a guy that found $1200-$1500 a year for at least three years in a row with an XLT. If you figure that in strictly pennies, 120000 to 150000. Anyway you look at it, it's alot of coins.

Geez...I hope it was not all pennies! :D Also my wife just came back from park with dogs...the one half block from my house...I have not been there for about a month...someone was detecting there! :o Oh well at least I know where he was at....park is big enough for both of us...Heading back there later this week...

R

robert roy

Picked up $56.40 with my Ace 250 since this July of 07 to Oct or this year. Never took the time to count how many coins that is. A bunch I'm sure.

Robert Roy

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
robert roy said:
Picked up $56.40 with my Ace 250 since this July of 07 to Oct or this year. Never took the time to count how many coins that is. A bunch I'm sure.

Robert Roy

That should help get that ace paid for good work! I average about $70 in clad a month...but I do get out quite a bit too...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks everyone for the interesting responses! If anyone has heard of any other incredible totals...let us all know... :)

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im 41 and every since i was a kid i have watched people throw coins of this bridge
on a very low tide you can see them many of them.
but the seals are mean and swim over them
and the current can take you away.
any ideahs on retreaval

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
imafishingnutt said:
im 41 and every since i was a kid i have watched people throw coins of this bridge
on a very low tide you can see them many of them.
but the seals are mean and swim over them
and the current can take you away.
any ideahs on retreaval

Very interesting you mentioned this...I have heard of a few water guys scooping a thousand coins in a day from locations like this...I am scared of water! :D ;D Ever since I saw Jaws...so its been a while! :D But I would think a harpoon would get the job done! Just kidding :) I bet someone could figure it out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread