tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With what little of an idea your offering, I think you'll need to expand a bit more of what you got in mind?

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to start a crew up for several treasure legends here in Alaska. I’ve been approached by a few production teams over the years and they want to see a bit more than just a guy wandering out on the tundra. If that makes sense. I think it’d be neat to show the legends to the world, my end goal isn’t to get rich. So I need financial backers, for equipment and to pay crew. Something to get started basically. If any of that makes sense.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Is anyone out there good with business plans pertaining to treasure hunting? Looking to start up a crew and will need financial backing for a few projects, so that’s where the business plan comes into play. Anyone willing to help me out a bit? Thanks!

I have a BS in Business Admin, and had to make up a business, and finish a plan to complete my required classes.

Business Plans are structured, and can be very lengthy.

Certainly you can find examples of structure, and advice just surfing the web. Read several, notice structure, and they'll give you a great idea for developing your own. And, it will look professionally done.

EDIT: For your dream to work, you'll also want to develop a Financial Plan. That way you'll educate yourself to your liquidity, and options...

Last edited:
OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a BS in Business Admin, and had to make up a business, and finish a plan to complete my required classes.

Business Plans are structured, and can be very lengthy.

Certainly you can find examples of structure, and advice just surfing the web. Read several, notice structure, and they'll give you a great idea for developing your own. And, it will look professionally done.

EDIT: For your dream to work, you'll also want to develop a Financial Plan. That way you'll educate yourself to your liquidity, and options...

Oh yeah, I can find about a million business plans online, but kind of hard to find one pertaining to treasure. lol. I just found out that I have a friend who does them for a living that has done one similar to what I'm looking for, so she's helping me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work as a business manager. Start with twice as much capital as you think you'll need. Undercapitalization is a major reason for small business failure. You'll have to pay the bills every month BEFORE you find anything so you'll have to sell shares or blocks of the venture to investors. You'll need an attorney to draw up the agreement. DON'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT A CONTRACT IN PLACE. Who is responsible for what AND WHEN.

Know what $ you will have to invest in equipment (including videography) and how you will pay, feed and house the crew while searching. They are employees unless investors - so you'll have to carry workers comp and budget for unemployment insurance should they get hurt or leave. Also liability insurance in case of damage to your gear or damage you cause (like silt in a river).

Know the laws, know the territory, know the permits needed. And know the specifics of what you are hoping to find. I guess that would be the equivalent of a market analysis for a product.

It's not easy. Especially in something so speculative as finding a treasure. So you'll have to convince investors the story of the hunt is marketable (kudos to the Lagaina Brothers for that). In that case you have to market the back-story and narrative because just filming the work would be boring and dull.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TintedSnow, FYI, it violates our rules to use TNet to try to raise funds.

OP
OP
TintedSnow

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TintedSnow, it violates our rules to use TNet to try to raise funds.

I’m not trying to raise funds on here though...trying to find a good way to create a business plan to yes, eventually raise funds, but not from anyone on here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not trying to raise funds on here though...trying to find a good way to create a business plan to yes, eventually raise funds, but not from anyone on here.

Yes, That is why I didn't delete your post, just reminding our rules.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Whats the main reason an investor should invest in your plan? Make sure your plan answers that question every step of the way.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the early middle 80's, seemed I was a sucker for gold and silver mining stocks, lost thousands of dollars on those stocks and they no longer exist.

Great ideas that failed and cost all their investors. Or did I overlook inadequate planning by the companies - I was hooked on a dream and not their viabilities.

Whatever.....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) nailed it. You must have the capital to even try to step up to the plate. With regard to chasing "legends", it relates to chasing UFO's. Which is problematic. Now if you're entertaining and animated enough, you can possibly get a production company to pitch in. It won't be easy. A huge problem, which is common to any enterprise like this, if you do not own the land the treasure is on, it becomes very problematic. If it's on federal property, forget it. A lot of folks have cashed in their entire retirement accounts and mortgaged the house to go for treasure. Now to me, that would not be wise, but getting investors with "there's treasure here" does not work. You'll have to lay everything you have on the line first, and if the math does not work out, time to quit while you're ahead. There are a ton of variables out there to work with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread