Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Hottest day of the year so far ,staggering 117 degrees .The temperature at 8.30 am was all ready 90 degrees so my wife decided she would slow cook beef dish in the oven which would take about 3 hours..The new AC just couldn't get the house temperature below 78 degrees . I couldn't believe she would even think about using a oven on a day like today. Well been married for along time so i just bit my tongue . She ddid ask why i had a puzzled look on my face. JUST HOT DEAR. Poor males we do suffer sometimes TP

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I would like to buy the world a Coke..

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to buy the world a Coke..

Hi, Can you read minds. I wouldn't normally drink soda but right now i am looking at a long glass full off ice and coke right at this minute .Cheers TP

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Hottest day of the year so far ,staggering 117 degrees .The temperature at 8.30 am was all ready 90 degrees so my wife decided she would slow cook beef dish in the oven which would take about 3 hours..The new AC just couldn't get the house temperature below 78 degrees . I couldn't believe she would even think about using a oven on a day like today. Well been married for along time so i just bit my tongue . She ddid ask why i had a puzzled look on my face. JUST HOT DEAR. Poor males we do suffer sometimes TP

This morning it was under 30 degrees here and the thought of having enough beef to "slow cook" in the oven sounds like a very good source of home heat. You must be some where close to the Equator.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you please POINT your OVEN TOWARDS OHIO It is 10 DEGREES here NOW !!!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what Gare is saying, it's 13 degrees here. How about we split the temperature difference with you tinpan?

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what Gare is saying, it's 13 degrees here. How about we split the temperature difference with you tinpan?

Hi Ok I will trade 2 full hours of burning afternoon for 8 used snowmen.TP

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning it was under 30 degrees here and the thought of having enough beef to "slow cook" in the oven sounds like a very good source of home heat. You must be some where close to the Equator.

Hi I live with kangaroos and dirty red dust TP

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinpan, I would like to help. Here is one idea-

Get yourself some Visqeen plastic sheet and a roll of duct tape. Seal of the kitchen with it, or maybe build a small tent containing an air conditioner outlet vent, a recliner, and your internet machine. Then just relax and enjoy the cool!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m so confused. Where in the world is it 117 degrees when it’s below zero here?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You’re lucky to have a wife to cook that “hot” meal. Lol! 80 degrees in SoCal today.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m so confused. Where in the world is it 117 degrees when it’s below zero here?

Tinpan's locator says, Eaglehawk, Victoria, Australia. It was that way several years ago when the polar vortex shifted southward into the central and eastern US. Winter in the northern hemisphere, summer in the southern hemisphere. Australia's been getting hammered by record heatwaves, droughts, and fires in recent years. Seems like last year or the year before, record heatwaves were killing Australia's bats by the tens of thousands. It's a shame. Here's a map showing atmospheric temperatures in Jan. 2014, courtesy NASA. It was so cold in central Indiana that the inside of my metal door handles were covered with ice in the morning. It's not going to get that cold this coming week, but where I live, the forecast calls for an overnight low of -1F, -18C later this week.

1410871527838_wps_11_Nasa_Goddard_jpg.jpg

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on out and buy your wife an Instant Pot so she can cook without heating up the house. A piece of beef will turn out juicy and tender without three hours in the oven.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what your sayin is your wife is slaving over a hot oven while you are drinking an iced cold coke and browsing tnet:laughing7:..........just kidding of course

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread