What's up with all of the give away's you see on FB?

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one old guy to another, I think they’re doing it to drive traffic to their Facebook page, which may drive that same traffic to their YouTube channels and their websites...both of which probably are monitized. Where I come from, we call that being enterprising. It’s yet another way of allowing something static like websites and YouTube, to generate income for them 24/7/365.

Back in the day, we had to find a second job if we wanted more money, which meant more hours away from home. Today these youngsters are maximizing technology to generate passive income, and doing it from their homes most of the time. The only thing different today is the technology, but there’s still plenty of man hours that go into developing fresh content for these social media outlets. The beauty in this is that you can take it to whatever level you choose, to make whatever amount of money you feel you want or need.

I think it’s pretty neat, and I always provide a "like" and often subscribe the channels that interest me. Every view makes money for them, and it takes but a few seconds to help them along with a like or a,view.

That’s my take and I’m sticking to it! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the "Giveaways" are total frauds. The "Winner," either doesn't exist, or is a family member or friend. By "most" i mean 2/3. The "traffic" these drive is temporary at best, because most of these Facebook pages and Youtube channels are as boring as I am. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread