Need help identifying hidden cave entrance

Typhoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello gentlemen,

First of all i want to thank this community members for their passion and knowledge sharing.

I'am new to treasure hunting, i am suspecting that the rock in the pictures below is covering a cave, i took the pictures myself in a hill near some historic ruins.

Please tell what do you think as you are far more experienced, is this just a normal rock or a hidden cave entrance ? Screenshot_20190128-144326.jpg Screenshot_20190128-144318.jpg Screenshot_20190128-144250.jpg Screenshot_20190128-144224.jpg Screenshot_20190128-144233.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Typhoon! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

OP
OP
T

Typhoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Vpnavy thank you, i will complete my profile informations

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and also welcome from me!

The usual "works" if somebody says there is a hidden cavity include for me:

1) Asking what makes you think so? Is there a good story behind it or is it just usual talk?
2) Does this thing behave other the immediate environment? Is e.g. snow not lasting on it but around?
3) Goes into the same direction :If you know somebody with a thermal image system borrow it and look at it during different times of the time of day and night.
3) Same kind of rock as the other stuf around (from the photos, yes?)
4) (maybe you have to scarpe of organic debris off before). Any air movement going in or out through crevices? Think of candle flames (windstill day only), smoke blown at it, wettend finger etc.
5) Poke around it with a metal rod (might not yield anything in hard rock environment.

Other methods I can think of do not apply since this is an outdoor location. hitting with a rubber hammer for hollow sounds did not yield anything for me in any case, yet you could try anyway.

Greets Namxat

OP
OP
T

Typhoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you a lot Namxat for your reply.

1) the information that there is a round shaped rock covering a cave intrance is pretty reliable.
2) i really did not have a lot of time to analyse the surroundings ( local people in the area do not like strangers hhh ), i just took the pictures above and moved.
3) should the rock have a different thermal color than its surrounding ?
5) really good idea, i will try it.

But do you think this rock in this postion is natural or human made ?

Thanks.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you a lot Namxat for your reply.

1) the information that there is a round shaped rock covering a cave intrance is pretty reliable.
2) i really did not have a lot of time to analyse the surroundings ( local people in the area do not like strangers hhh ), i just took the pictures above and moved.
3) should the rock have a different thermal color than its surrounding ?
5) really good idea, i will try it.

But do you think this rock in this postion is natural or human made ?

Thanks.

Hi,

ad 3) Could be, I once was shown a walled up niche in a spiral cellar staircase that was cooler than the other walls and showed up blue on a thermal image. Mind you that was indoors. It might work outdoors yet I would not invest a high amount of money for the equipment.

I dont know if this is human made, does look from the photo like the other rocks.

Personally I would try with smoke and poking around with a rod first.

P.S: looks vaguley mediterranen.

Greets namxat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread