Small Home Safe For Coins

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to purchase a small home safe for my more valuable coins. Any recommendations?

Protecting from?

ALL the safes you will find at walmart, staples, Cabellas (gun safes), etc are fire safes. *Not* burglar safes. HUGE difference. UL has ratings for safes.

I like the idea of a decoy safe easily found.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many great suggestions here.

Another one is be a hoarder & just have so much stuff piled in every available space , that it would take only somebody who knows you to get your stuff & most important 'Remember' where you put things & if possible have an easy access in case of Fire or a quick exit , also "don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

1' Have a Tomb built were your remains are to be located , make up a great Curse & let the looters have at it cause we ain't taking it with us. lol

P.S. #1 option is for those who don't have anybody worth leaving you Hard earned Finds Or Worked for $ or bling .
You know an ex -wife who will sell everything for cents on the dollar or a person who will trade it to the dope-man for a weeks worth of temporary 'Feel Good'.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a pretty cheap safe.

BEYOND cheap. Did you notice at the end that the short guy lifted the door with relative ease with one hand? Fake breakin, in my opinion. Sales trick. A $1000 safe that size will have a minimum of six slide bolts...three on each side going into the jamb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread