man_in_black

Nov 2, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a couple of threads about bluetooth headsets/earbuds from a while back (with some poor user reviews), but technology changes with the wind, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Did a little digging on the least BT lag, and found that v4.2 & up is pretty solid, so I picked up one of these on ebay for $3:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...V4-Transmitter-Receiver-O-26/32952579326.html

and a 1/4" to 1/8" audio adapter cable (found a short one - just over 6"), also on ebay for 75¢. The headphone jack, of course is 1/4, and the input on the BT transmitter is 1/8. Paired it up with my old [mostly] waterproof JBud Pro earbuds & it worked right off the bat. Tested lag with a quarter & my wedding ring, buried about 6"-7", and the Fisher zero'd right in on each. Only tested for 2 hours, but the batteries held up. I'll update after a longer hunt. Not counting the earbuds (which I already had), I dropped under $4.

If you're interested in trying it out, search (without the brackets) ebay for [Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver A2DP] & [("6.35mm", "1/4") ("3.5mm", "1/8") cable]. Be prepared to weed through some junk listings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread