We Don’t Like Them In Our Safe

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8BC05C64-AFDF-42D9-957E-6FE75FC322C5.jpeg

D6ED95D5-62A8-4890-89A0-3DCCDE4A0287.jpeg

That’s what the grocery store clerk told me.
Do you want it?
Sweet!
Going to hit the same cashier up tomorrow towards the end of the day.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that's a cool new gig for ya well done

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
There’s about .15 troy ounces of silver in that coin. Worth $2.38 at today’s silver price. Good luck if they have more -

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read on the Internet they typically sell for about $5 depending on condition.
Don’t know if that’s true. I’ll throw it in with the other keepers.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found a brown recluse in our little home safe, there was a small hole in the back. not anymore

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well shucks, it apparently wasn't that safe after all.:dontknow:

it was a safe that my father left in the house, he gave me the keys to it to open it up and there he was. it is a very heavy safe but it had a hole in the back

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
it was a safe that my father left in the house, he gave me the keys to it to open it up and there he was. it is a very heavy safe but it had a hole in the back

The hole was probably for adding a light for the inside of the safe. However, it would be more funny if it were for a gun (weapon) heater to warm them before you go out hunting on a cold morning, sort of like those seat and steering wheel heaters they have in cars, trucks and SUV's nowadays. The only problem with a warm gun going into cold air, it causes the metal and wooden stock to draw moisture and not only will it cause the metal to rust quicker but can cause warping of the wooden stock and cause it to throw the gun off of zero. While living in West Virginia, I traded a Winchester Model 70 in .338 Winchester Magnum for a Remington Model 700 in 7mm Magnum that had been shot only 5 times and was virtually brand new. Had trouble ejecting the casings and found that there was rust in the chamber. Through a friend, I found out the original owner, an elderly gent had taken it out in 10 degree weather with a foot of snow on the ground to sight the rifle in. After shooting it 5 times, he decided the rifle was too much for him, so he leaned it up against a tree and it sat there for an hour or more while the others sighted in their' rifles and never cleaned it when he went back inside the house. Well, you know the rest of the story!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread