A Pair Of Free Walking Liberty Halves

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0192.JPG IMG_0193.JPG Image (4).jpg This past Monday night I attended our coin club's first meeting of 2019. I exhibited some oddball finds and then gave a short talk about them and the club awarded me a Walking Liberty Half Dollar as they do to anyone who makes an exhibit and tells about it. Later in the evening they had a quiz and the top five people with the most correct answers were given a prize. I came in third and got another Walker. Additionally I won a couple of raffle prizes...a 2005 clad quarter proof set and a one troy pound piece of copper which will be added to my scrap metal pile. A pretty good take when the ground is frozen and I can't hunt.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great club to belong to.

It's a good club with about 85 members and average monthly attendance of 40-45 members plus a few guests. We have quite a few activities each month and limit the usual reading of minutes and business things to a minimum. The club has been around since the early 1970's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread