Finding dead soldiers remains in Russia

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is crazy.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was some video Vince, I'll admit, I was glued to the screen. Interesting and sad at the same time. Really well done filming and all. With all those items recovered, then what. Thank's for sharing all that with us here.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow cant believe it holy moly

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
wonder who appointed them in the description it says.........

We are the official search squad. We are engaged in the search and burial lost Red Army soldiers/If we can to know their names, we looking for relatives and bury them on their native land with all the honors.All iron similar to weapons and ammunition we give away to police. Sometimes some samples are deactivated directly in the forest for subsequent transfer to museums.We do not sell the finds.If we find German soldiers, we transfer the remains or their location to an organization that is looking for German soldiers in Russia.This is not our job. It's our Hobby. We are doing this for the sake of interest and heartfelt satisfaction, in order to contribute to history not in words but in deed

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow is an understatement. Macabre yet couldn't walk away from watching. I hope you found enough to identify his remains and look for his family. I pray he rests in peace, always missing and never found until now.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years ago a Russian contacted me wanting to buy a Tesoro metal detector. I had met this person when on a Metal detecting Chat line. He told me they were going to dig up dead Germans and get the gold teeth that some had in there teeth. At the time i thought this was pretty morbid but remembering what the Germans did to the Jewish people made me think this was fair. After he got the metal detector he never contacted me again. I still to this date wonder how he made out.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20 years ago a Russian contacted me wanting to buy a Tesoro metal detector. I had met this person when on a Metal detecting Chat line. He told me they were going to dig up dead Germans and get the gold teeth that some had in there teeth. At the time i thought this was pretty morbid but remembering what the Germans did to the Jewish people made me think this was fair. After he got the metal detector he never contacted me again. I still to this date wonder how he made out.

I read where they are digging German cemeteries in Russia for artifacts. After what the Germans did to the Russians in WW2, the Russian gov't could care less about the Germans in cemeteries. No love lost. Gary

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sometimes you have to wonder, when is enough, enough.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read where they are digging German cemeteries in Russia for artifacts. After what the Germans did to the Russians in WW2, the Russian gov't could care less about the Germans in cemeteries. No love lost. Gary

Again, when is enough, enough. Ahh.... the human race. I am NOT saying forget, ignore or change the bad parts of history, they ARE history, and we TRY to learn from it, but sometimes it seems that each new generation somehow wants to keep it going in someway, the bitterness I mean, and the justification to "Pay them back" in some way, even sometimes many generations later. Anyway, good video by Vince, and I think these guys are trying to do a good thing. Again, a most interesting video.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread