Superbowl / Super Security Relic Hunt

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was an Eventful hunt but successful , I got a Nice Dropped Gardner , .54 or .58 fired round ball or 'Case Shot' , larger size percussion cap , & am Old but Iron Backed button that I need to get up on the What-is it ' forum . Also got a 'different ' dropped 3 ringer that I hit with my Shovel :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: , I donated that one back to the Earth :crybaby2: ; as I could not stand to see the damage that I caused.

My hunt ended early cause I noticed 3 police walking the (Dead End Trail ) , I figured it was my Car , I got to my phone that was stashed in my Back pack & saw where they had called , I then rung the officer back He said "Move the Car!" , Oh & are you hunting ? "as there is no hunting in the City of Atlanta" I knew he was talking about 'Game ' hunting & said "No".

Packed up & walked back to the Car & there was a Cool officer waiting for me , & my ID.
He said nothing about my Machine or Predator shovel, just "Did I have a firearm"

They wanted to tow the car at first but I only got a Ticket for "Blocking a Driveway " .

BTW It was not blocked unless they were gonna be driving an 18 wheeler + the path was blocked by 4 huge in Ground 15 inch diameter Concrete blockades + no signs saying Anything ! ???

I was cool tho (the PO on the phone was nice enough to tell me where I could park :icon_thumright:.

There are Buried power cables back in the area + a Sewer line (hence the access lane ) tho they would have to bulldoze their way in 'through the Barriers ' I really think they were making sure I was not Messing with the infrastructure ? , even saw a Police Helicopter fly over 2 times. lol

Ill just pay the Ticket , I might could fight it but for a $25 ticket it would cost me more .
BTW , I was 15 miles from the Dome & Attractions & hear there are MEGA Police , Dogs & Automatic weapons everywhere downtown. Ill be hunting elsewhere come Sunday.

The hunt was successful tho, :thumbsup:

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a typical in town hunt! I finally have a free weekend and was planning on checking some sites, but I may steer clear of Atlanta with all that's going on down there this weekend.

D.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a typical in town hunt! I finally have a free weekend and was planning on checking some sites, but I may steer clear of Atlanta with all that's going on down there this weekend.

D.

I hear it's not been that bad as of yesterday , (like the Olympics ) people are scared to drive to downtown.

Today is likely a different story.
GL when you get out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions