Headphone issue .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd appreciate some opinions .

Should Headphones be left plugged in for a month or more?

I've had my HP's plugged in my Teknetics G2 + for a good month or 2 , I unplugged them on Thursday & when I used the machine yesterday I noticed there were a few times that I had a signal but could hear nothing , I made sure the Switch on the Grey Ghost's was turned on ( it was ) ; removed the plug wiped it blew into the Jack hole plugged them back in & they would work for a min, or 2 then mute out , I then noticed that when the plug was not plugged in all the way ( say a Quarter inch was exposed ) the problem got better .

I wonder if this is a HP issue or a Jack issue ?

One other thing & a different matter is I can set the Disc at 45 ( note on this machine anything under a VDI of 40 is 'usually ' Iron) now it seems I'm hearing signals in the 10-39 range ???

I never noticed this before ' It was giving off some strange Harmonics that I am not used to '

Anybody with a G2 or F-19 ever notice this ?

I'd hate to send it in but it's 2 years old & i'm 99% sure I signed up for the warranty.

Ill do a couple more hunts & see 'what's up ' & also try some different HP's .

I'm just being a worry wart as usual , so any comfy advice will help .:notworthy:

A blessed day to all.
Davers :thumbsup:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck I dont leave mine plugged in that long dont know if leaving the plugged in would hurt them though

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unplug them when done there's contact springs in the female connector and they might lose tension if leaving them plugged in.
Sounds like it loose in there, I would give first texas a call and see if you can get it fixed.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think mine have been plugged in for around 11 years, though I do alternate between two headsets there is always one or the other plugged into the detector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unplug them when done there's contact springs in the female connector and they might lose tension if leaving them plugged in.
Sounds like it loose in there, I would give first texas a call and see if you can get it fixed.

Thanks for the reply .
That's what I was kinda thinking , ie, the Female connector "took a set", for lack of better words.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think mine have been plugged in for around 11 years, though I do alternate between two headsets there is always one or the other plugged into the detector.

Hmmmm?
What Brand machine do you use the most? If you don't mind.

Thanks for your input as well , guess ill find out in the near future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck I dont leave mine plugged in that long dont know if leaving the plugged in would hurt them though

Always appreciate your opinion as well Tommy ' Gun' .
Everybody has a nickname with me, lol , so no offence :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you clean the male connector with steel wool?

I may try that but the HP connector still looks brand new.

Thanks RustyGold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread