Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Davers
  • 1 Post By A2coins
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 1 Post By Davers
  • 1 Post By RustyGold
  • 1 Post By Davers

Thread: Headphone issue .

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6212 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Headphone issue .

I'd appreciate some opinions .

Should Headphones be left plugged in for a month or more?

I've had my HP's plugged in my Teknetics G2 + for a good month or 2 , I unplugged them on Thursday & when I used the machine yesterday I noticed there were a few times that I had a signal but could hear nothing , I made sure the Switch on the Grey Ghost's was turned on ( it was ) ; removed the plug wiped it blew into the Jack hole plugged them back in & they would work for a min, or 2 then mute out , I then noticed that when the plug was not plugged in all the way ( say a Quarter inch was exposed ) the problem got better .

I wonder if this is a HP issue or a Jack issue ?

One other thing & a different matter is I can set the Disc at 45 ( note on this machine anything under a VDI of 40 is 'usually ' Iron) now it seems I'm hearing signals in the 10-39 range

I never noticed this before ' It was giving off some strange Harmonics that I am not used to '

Anybody with a G2 or F-19 ever notice this ?

I'd hate to send it in but it's 2 years old & i'm 99% sure I signed up for the warranty.

Ill do a couple more hunts & see 'what's up ' & also try some different HP's .

I'm just being a worry wart as usual , so any comfy advice will help .

A blessed day to all.
    Davers
    A2coins, RustyGold and Yak1366 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24785 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    good luck I dont leave mine plugged in that long dont know if leaving the plugged in would hurt them though
    Davers likes this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jul 2017
    Northwest PA
    Teknetics T2 Classic 15x12" Detech Sef Butterfly coil Makro/Nokta pinpointers
    106 times
    Metal Detecting
    Unplug them when done there's contact springs in the female connector and they might lose tension if leaving them plugged in.
    Sounds like it loose in there, I would give first texas a call and see if you can get it fixed.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11405 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think mine have been plugged in for around 11 years, though I do alternate between two headsets there is always one or the other plugged into the detector.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Feb 04, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Davers likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nwpa View Post
    Unplug them when done there's contact springs in the female connector and they might lose tension if leaving them plugged in.
    Sounds like it loose in there, I would give first texas a call and see if you can get it fixed.
    Thanks for the reply .
    That's what I was kinda thinking , ie, the Female connector "took a set", for lack of better words.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    I think mine have been plugged in for around 11 years, though I do alternate between two headsets there is always one or the other plugged into the detector.
    Hmmmm?
    What Brand machine do you use the most? If you don't mind.

Thanks for your input as well , guess ill find out in the near future.
    Last edited by Davers; Feb 04, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    good luck I dont leave mine plugged in that long dont know if leaving the plugged in would hurt them though
    Always appreciate your opinion as well Tommy ' Gun' .
    Everybody has a nickname with me, lol , so no offence
    RustyGold likes this.

Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, Tesoro Compadre 720i Stealth Scoop
    6687 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Can you clean the male connector with steel wool?
    Davers likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Can you clean the male connector with steel wool?
    I may try that but the HP connector still looks brand new.

Thanks RustyGold.
    RustyGold likes this.

Davers

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links