Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oggar

Jul 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I haven't seen where they have actually found anything. They are basically following up on legends, and not sure how much time they are actually spending on them or the amount of research they are doing, but it's an interesting show.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huge Yawn..:skullflag:

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any discussion on the show "Lost Gold" on the travel channel. What you all think. The guy that writes the books on treasure hunting was on there tonight. Can't re
call his name but have seen some of his videos on this forum.

user-offline.png

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching it and I think they would of been better off sticking to one treasure,instead of jumping all over the place.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... They are basically following up on legends,....

Yes. That's all it is. And with a little Hollywood flair, they will all seem so iron-clad bullet-proof true.

.... but it's an interesting show.

Yes. After all, who doesn't love a good treasure story ? I kind of wish they would do as the Science channel "What on Earth" does: They toss out an odd image that satellite image captures. Then get several nuts (archies, scientists, historians, etc...) to muse all sorts of conspiratorial cliff-hanger explanations. But then at the end: Presto, they show you the mundane ordinary innocuous explanation. But ... up till then ... you're like a little kid, buying into all sorts of alien or criminal explanations. :laughing7:

That's what "Lost Gold" needs: A little bit of balanced comment.

OP
OP
firemanphob

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it kind of gets me how they go to a place and detect for a few minutes and declare that nothing is there and go on with some other twist or lead. I would rather see a better effort from them. Seems they're only making tv shows and don't really care about the treasure.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen this one yet as it is not on free You Tube. But i know a little about it and the story has more holes than a sieve. Just about every single detail is bogus. My theory is some hunter went there years ago looking for Custer's soldier's gold and found nothing. So to finance his failed excursion he came up with the most phony, unbelievable story possible. And people bought it hook. line, and sinker. And then others copied it and added their own (swear words deleted).

And after doing the research on this I think probably most treasure stories are the same damned thing--pure fiction to finance their failed attempts.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The one I am in airs the 5th and 11th, for those who also missed it. The DVR set will most likely be available at a later date once the whole season airs.

OP
OP
firemanphob

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If interested, I think you can go to travel channel and watch episodes.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill watch when one of these shows actually finds a treasure

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I might be on another someday. They use this site for folks in the know. There should be a few more members here that were on the other episodes.

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research, research and more research, most buried treasure is looking at you trying to find it. smiling. the Lost Gold show is something i seen coming since oak island. But the lost gold stories have been around since the 60.-70's when detecting giants found a way to look underground with metal detectors. what did they all find?? do we tell what we find?? There i believe are caches and loot all over the west and east, just have to have the one thing to find it, Research s the edge and maps. have fun. it is there, right there.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I could have posted things about doing the show that I didn't like but decided not to. Just before it aired we dropped cable TV so I never watched it. The general population when told about it got all excited, which shows the public's interest is what mattered with the producers.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a copy of Lost Gold in the mail today from the Travel Channel, later I will watch the show. I will then give my take on how it turned out, there were some things that were important and I am not sure they included them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread