Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine Out Of Print

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is what it is.
I think things just got a bit repetitive and they may have failed to keep their subscribers involved.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With all the free online metal detecting sites to read (Such as treasurenet) my big question is if people will pay to read something online where you can read tons of new stuff on sites like here every day for free? Hopefully they have something bold and new in store to try.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all the free online metal detecting sites to read (Such as treasurenet) my big question is if people will pay to read something online where you can read tons of new stuff on sites like here every day for free? Hopefully they have something bold and new in store to try.

I have to agree with you.....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eeeerrrt I like the physical magazine myself

Pops1959

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400,
Minelab X Terra 705,
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett "Carrot" Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I subscribed to the on-line version for a year. I like having back issues going back through 2010 to read, but I wish they could be downloaded to I could load them on my e-reader to read away from home.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not surprised. This is a niche hobby much like my fly fishing and pellet gun hobbies. Mostly older guys who just want to have a good time, and not pay a fortune for a magazine that’s going to be read and then put on a pile with the pervious issues. Plus, printing and mailing costs keep,going up, and was said earlier, there’s a plethora of free infomation to be had on forums, podcasts and YouTube videos...enough to keep me as busy as I want to be.

I have no problem with emagazines and ebooks. I can download them and take them with me on the iPad to read and then Reference back to if need be without having a paper copy to deal with...but that’s just me. I’m a life member of Federation of Fly Fishers and the NRA, and I take their publications in electronic format to help them keep costs down. I used to just read the magazines then add them to our club library for others who couldn’t afford a subscription.

JMHO. YMMV

gold-dog

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2008
Crawfordsville Indiana
I always liked the physical magazine. I don't spend hours on a computer or phone.I guess the all mighty dollar entered into the equation. I will just go back through the hundreds of back issues Too bad the Best finds issue wasn't their last That would've been a great way to end it.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , I like to have something for my hard earned money and a lookie is just a plain nothing . Just taking jobs away to fill their greedy pockets . Hope they go broke. TP

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
I always liked the physical magazine. I don't spend hours on a computer or phone.I guess the all mighty dollar entered into the equation. I will just go back through the hundreds of back issues Too bad the Best finds issue wasn't their last That would've been a great way to end it.
Almighty Dollar's been there from day 1.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi , I like to have something for my hard earned money and a lookie is just a plain nothing . Just taking jobs away to fill their greedy pockets . Hope they go broke. TP

And they just possibly WILL go broke. Most subscribers on various forums have pretty much said that they will not renew to a digital subscription...…..

yellow1053

Jul 7, 2009
Waltham, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Vision
I was surprised after Lost Treasure just closed it's doors completely in December of 2018, that would give W&E a monopoly to stay with the print version as there was nowhere else to go, but they followed suit, and now we're left with nothing (on paper). Oh well, sign of the times I guess.
Jim.

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just asked for a sub to American Digger magazine for Christmas. Print version of course. I hope the magazine is as good as I've heard it is.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad I saved all my treasure lost and treasure found magazines boxes and boxes of em

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My subscription will be dropped. I will not read a magazine online.
The online issues they gave me run out in March. I will not renew.

Im glad I saved all my treasure lost and treasure found magazines boxes and boxes of em
Like you Tommy, I have a few hundred back issues of W&ET, and Treasure to read and re-read when the hunt season is on hold in the winter. I won't renew the digital issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread