Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I checked the weather and it is supposed to be 100% chance of rain the next two days and so I hurried out to get one more hunt in. The ground is still standing in water in most places and so I managed to get wet. I never found anything of value except for a chunk of iron rail, about 4 inches tall ( same as a railroad rail only a lot smaller). I dug so many pull rings and tabs and pieces of them it wasn't funny. dug a lot of iron, wire, foil, some brass and several cans. So I was pretty shot and decided to sit on the stump of a huge pine. Was just getting settled in for a little rest when I began getting stung all over. Yep, a million ants were coming out the stump right where I was sitting. I guess you can call it incentive to move to another stump, so I did. They got me from my ankles up to my neck. mean little buggers. guess they got flooded out and moved into a high rise condo. Be safe out there and HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember once I had just found a silver quarter by an old pond I was pumped so Im swinging all around the area when I started feeling stings yep stepped on a bee hive in the ground I learned later that when you get stung the bee leaves a scent which other bees know to attack I must have looked like forrest gump running with all my equipment they were right on me and my clothes I came back a few days later with raid and taped the nozzle open and tossed em by thier hole it was very immature and childish but thats me lol

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2coins,

I did something similar to that...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Except it was Yellow Jackets, and I was cutting grass with a riding lawnmower...chasing me down and stinging me...went over that hole in the ground about 12-15 times...:laughing7: :laughing7:

Got-Good-Tones

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
same happened to me today. Sunny and 71 degrees in Atlanta so off to a new permission. I noticed a lot of fire ant beds, but being from the south I know better to step in them. but some how standing by a tree adjusting my settings I felt a bite on my wrist. then another and another. I got about 4-5 bites, so not bad. but how they make it up my legs to my wrist so fast, I will never know. I was just standing and my hands were not near the ground.

hate fire ants, but terrified of yellow jackets for good reasons. Been stung by them several time in the past and they are the worst here in GA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions