how to stretch 15 minutes into an hour...Oak Island

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I don’t know about you but I definitely wouldn’t sail off into the wild blue ocean and leave my treasure behind. “Here! Let’s leave our wealth on this island at an impossible depth and never return for it”.
Not human nature from my view.

I have no doubt whatsoever that : The believers could indeed dream up a possible scenario. Where such a desire or need-to-do, could be conceived of.

And no matter how implausible or unlikely the explanation could be, .. yet the mere fact that it *might-be-possible*, they would then punt the ball back to your court. To DIS-prove that extreme-contingent explanation. Ie.: for you to prove it's IMpossible. And if you can't, well then presto: There's a fabulous treasure there at insane depths.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
having seen a few things in real life that left me wondering "What were they thinking?" The"Reasonings" behind someone doing something that boggles the mind can be endless. Hmmm I said the same thing about my kids and my first wife!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hint for you faithful followers. If you're really interested in a program / series, buy or order it on DVD! I was trying to keep up with another program and got tired of the commercials. Only place I could find it was Germany or Australia. No prob. got a zone free DVD player. Here's what struck me as funny. A hour long episode on the disk without all the commercials & fluff runs 28 - 36 minutes. I noticed too some of the show was shaved or edited out to fit another commercial (my assumption). A lot of things in this series are making sense and blanks filled in now. That along with losing the train of thought in the week between.

You can find real nice zone free DVD players for $40 & up now, so that and being able to watch a program start to finish is worth the bucks! If you decide you don't like the disks you can always sell or trade & make most of your $$$ back. And most importantly!!! You can make a head run & not miss a thing! A big plus for us old farts!! OH!!! take a look or search the catalogs of other countries! You'll be amazed how little is offered in the U.S.

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been interested in Oak Island since the original Reader's Digest article. I visited Oak Island years ago, but there wasn't much there. I remember a depression in the ground and a wooden sign that said, "Money Pit". There wasn't any active work being done to find any treasure at the time.

I also have to admit I watch the TV show. I tell myself I'm going to quit watching it after each episode. The most annoying part is when they find a nail, or piece of lead and the announcer says, "A nail? Could this be a nail left by the Templars" or similar. But if you take a normal hour long TV show they have 41 minutes of time to use (the rest are commercials). On this show they've got a minute or more introduction every show. They then recap not just the last show, but what seems to be several seasons. Then when anything is said the announce repeats it, and then after a commercial it's all repeated again.

I have no idea if there's anything of value to find on Oak Island. At this point the history seems so jumbled up it will be extremely difficult to even figure who did it even if they find anything. It's all speculation.

I honestly think that it's more about making money off the TV show than it is about actually figuring out what happened. If I was making money off the TV show I'd drag it out as long as possible as well.

I'll watch it again this week and beat myself up for wasting yet another hour no resolution in sight. If I could classify it as "entertainment" in my mind (which is really all it is) instead of a "documentary" I'd be much more willing to accept it... at least up until I hear the announcer say something like, "A tooth? Could this be the tooth a long ago slave carrying the Ark of the Covenant?". Ugh.

-Joe

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Watch It...On...Flixtor!

So, first you have to repeat everything several times after each commercial. it is bad enough that the commercials take so long as it is. Then you flash back numerous times to previous shows before giving a very short new tidbit. then time killed with talk, again. now back to repeating things again but you are given tantalizing bits that may or may not amount to anything. kind of reminds me of that restaurant that has lousy food and service and yet people still come back to it. I can understand people being attracted to something like this but heck, it is like someone telling a three minute story with forty minutes of fill added. just venting

Commercial Free...Watch the day after...Watch when ever you wish to watch!

And Yes...Even without commercials...the show is over 40 minutes long.

https://flixtor.to/watch/tv/3394618/the-curse-of-oak-island

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter, I started watching it this year... I have to tape it, then fast forward crap and commercials for the 15 min of something.. lol this show is taking forever...

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dirtlooter, I started watching it this year... I have to tape it, then fast forward crap and commercials for the 15 min of something.. lol this show is taking forever...

The fine art of tempting you with a tiny bit of possible exciting stuff to keep you watching. Reminds me of as a kid, watching the old Batman TV series. but it sounds like the tourist part of it has done very well for them. keep dragging in all of these different angles of possibilities.
we used to call that chasing rabbits which made a story last a lot longer LOL

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one would have ever buried anything that deep that they wanted back - and if they didn't want it there was 3,000 feet of Atlantic they could have sunk it in a LOT easier. I think what has been found so far can all be attributed to glaciation, prior searchers junk, and natural causes - and a few surface finds. Been a lot of folks on that island over the years.

THE ADMIRAL (my wife) forbids me from watching "Ancient Aliens" because I get too mad at the content. How insulting to the people who did build ancient structures and civilizations. Just because the host majored in Sports Communication at Ithaca College ('s true) and doesn't understand a lick about anthropology or archeology "it must be aliens". What a joke.

The ancient aliens followers kill me. They think the pyramids were batteries. There should be a disclaimer that the show has nothing to do with reality.

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too record Oak Island and fast forward thru the commercials. Also I can make a head run then reverse a bit and not miss anything. As for Ancient Aliens, I watch it and record it because they have videos of places I can NEVER go to see in person. Also I can mute the idiot announcer. Love the nazca lines Intrigueing. However, I believe that at some time in the distant past, like the Mayans said, there were advanced civilizations here on earth. In 50 billion years time would have eroded a lot of tools away. How much of our civilizations will be left in evidence in say 2 million years. Hell my 39 Ford coupe rusted away in under 70 years. I watch the snows and enjoy them in quiet solitude with the mute button and fast forward button in my control.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
if i could not record and watch it in fast forward,i dont think i could watch it.
brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread