Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, first you have to repeat everything several times after each commercial. it is bad enough that the commercials take so long as it is. Then you flash back numerous times to previous shows before giving a very short new tidbit. then time killed with talk, again. now back to repeating things again but you are given tantalizing bits that may or may not amount to anything. kind of reminds me of that restaurant that has lousy food and service and yet people still come back to it. I can understand people being attracted to something like this but heck, it is like someone telling a three minute story with forty minutes of fill added. just venting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck. They've stretched 45 minutes into a sixth season. Rather than talking to archeologists, geologists and local well drillers they talk to crack-pot theorists.

But they're selling the "History Channel" airtime and advertising. Laughing all the way to the bank.

I miss the earlier days when there really was historical programing on the History Channel. Pity.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't watch it. It's kind of like watching your dog chase its tail in a circle.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This program is really an insult to anybody who was raised with common sense - you have a massive treasure , and you some how make a decision to dig down 200 feet or more to bury it , at a time when digging is entirely by hand ! Please ? Six feet would have sufficed ! Has there been a single episode where the words Knights Templar have not been spoken ? Pathetic !

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever happened to the Snake Island show ?? At least we got some eye candy with the diver lady ( I know , very incorrect )

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did they find more wood? This has to be the last season, right? A Bobby Dazzler and a lead cross, buttons, KG’s? They will drag it on til someone from the production crew gets killed in one of the crazy haphazard drillings, then the curse will finally be broken and they will find IT. Probably more wood.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck. They've stretched 45 minutes into a sixth season. Rather than talking to archeologists, geologists and local well drillers they talk to crack-pot theorists.

But they're selling the "History Channel" airtime and advertising. Laughing all the way to the bank.

I miss the earlier days when there really was historical programing on the History Channel. Pity.

Do you mean to say that you don't think "Swamp People" is about HISTORY? Seriously though, I too can remember when the HISTORY channel was about history and very interesting. Those days are over. Now when I want to watch some good history shows I go to YouTube and type in "American Experience" and I can watch a lot of REALLY interesting history shows.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You can't deny that the major "Money Pit" associated with Oak Island to this point has been the program and corresponding sale of advertising space.

Just the view from my foxhole...

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What ever happened to the Snake Island show ?? At least we got some eye candy with the diver lady ( I know , very incorrect )

Not incorrect at all. I stopped watching all History Channel shows. All new content each episode could be written on the head of a pin. The show itself is just filler for the commercials, the true purpose of the program. I love the way, in the last 10 minutes of every production, you get 5 minutes of commercials, a brief 30 seconds of the show, 3 and a half more minutes of commercials, then the last minute of the program. They lost one viewer here.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see the toll it is taking on them in there faces can you imagine all that money going out and no return I just hope they find something before Dan Blakenship passes away.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have noticed that on a lot of TV shows they reiterate everything after the commercial. Maddening if you are actually interested in it. It can make a show from little content, but I also have to wonder if they are catering to peoples attention spans. Is that format better for people who like to flip through 250 tv channels? They want to catch the viewers. I'm like a moth to a flame with that show. I love it but there is rarely anything new to see on it. It would be great to see the show condensed and leave out the repetition. I'd be curious to know how much they've spent vs. how much money the show makes. They have truly spun gold from flax with this one!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
This program is really an insult to anybody who was raised with common sense - you have a massive treasure , and you some how make a decision to dig down 200 feet or more to bury it , at a time when digging is entirely by hand ! Please ? Six feet would have sufficed ! Has there been a single episode where the words Knights Templar have not been spoken ? Pathetic !

Argentium : Excellent post ! Why this common sense has escaped a bunch of people, is beyond me. You're right: An object is equally hidden (no matter if 6 ft, or 600 ft ) as long as the surface is restored to natural-look-state. It doesn't become "more hidden", when someone puts it deeper.

We used to dig pits on a certain cove beach near me, to reach bedrock, where old silver coins would be. Some parts of this beach, that bedrock was only 3 ft.. Other parts 4 or 5 ft. And some places: 6 ft. deep. And I distinctly recall that in the zones where we were going to dig 6 ft. deep, that it would take hours of manual labor. Because the surface of the hole has to be exponentially wider and wider, as you go down. To alleviate cave in, allow for elbow room of digging, etc.... Such that .... to have 3 or 4 square foot of bottom space in our hole, required 5x that diameter at the top of the hole ! (like a cone-shaped hole). I can not IMAGINE the work to dig a 10 ft. or 20 ft. hole, in the same fashion.

Now I realize that the "faithful" will push-back with explanations of buckets/pulleys, side shoring to reinforce the sides (so you don't need an "ice-cream cone" shape hole), etc...

But again I ask: WHY ?? In fact, the deeper someone goes, the more mess they have to clean up on the top, when they are done. But gee, wasn't the purpose to "hide" it ? Then why risk the mess on top, the time prone to visibility to others, etc... ? Just makes no sense.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No one would have ever buried anything that deep that they wanted back - and if they didn't want it there was 3,000 feet of Atlantic they could have sunk it in a LOT easier. I think what has been found so far can all be attributed to glaciation, prior searchers junk, and natural causes - and a few surface finds. Been a lot of folks on that island over the years.

THE ADMIRAL (my wife) forbids me from watching "Ancient Aliens" because I get too mad at the content. How insulting to the people who did build ancient structures and civilizations. Just because the host majored in Sports Communication at Ithaca College ('s true) and doesn't understand a lick about anthropology or archeology "it must be aliens". What a joke.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't remember where I read it but somebody said …...if you ever decide to murder someone, make sure you bury the body on Oak Island. That way, no one will ever find it:laughing7:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was Extraterrestrial Templars!!! Case closed. 😂

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don’t know about you but I definitely wouldn’t sail off into the wild blue ocean and leave my treasure behind. “Here! Let’s leave our wealth on this island at an impossible depth and never return for it”.
Not human nature from my view.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Genius...Or...Fool?

I don’t know about you but I definitely wouldn’t sail off into the wild blue ocean and leave my treasure behind. “Here! Let’s leave our wealth on this island at an impossible depth and never return for it”.
Not human nature from my view.

In untold years...No one has found it since!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions