Finally got the jaw crusher finished...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jim, did you want this in the Hardrock Forum?

BTW, Nice workin' crusher!

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I figured people would see it whereever I put it. Probably more here than the Hardrock, Dizz.
Jim

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, a suggestion...make two sheet metal fenders for those drive wheels.
Hate to see something get caught in the spokes. Also migh keep crushed rock dust from building up around the bearings.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bit of engineering, Jim. I'm with AUDIGGER on the exposed wheels and belts, and the feeding method you're using. How many fingers do you have now? That thing flat eats rocks. Nice job.

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...I'm aware of the problem, guys. Haven't quite finished it, but it's been a long project...almost 2 months of 3 or 4 hours/day in a cold shop, and I wanted to get some video posted. There are a few critical design issues with these, or they do NOT work. This is the third mod I did to get this to work. It's really difficult to find out any detailed info on these. That's the reason I decided to build one, and sell the plans and instructions. The people that sell them would like to keep the details to themselves....LOL. If I sold the finished units, I'd probably do the same.
Jim

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim, is that a tread mill motor? And where did you find the fly wheels?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jim, is that a tread mill motor? And where did you find the fly wheels?

Yup, HV....the wife bought a new treadmill, and I kept the motor and controls from the old one. I also was given one a couple of months ago. I'm going to use that motor for the impact crusher I'm going to build. Treadmill motors have speed control, good torque, and high rpm, if needed.
Both the flatbelt pulley, and the pulley I'm using for the flywheel, came on that monster post drill I rebuilt.

I changed the drive on that to chain, so had the pulleys lying around. They work good on the crusher. The crusher belt is an old piece of a serpentine belt. I did a scarf joint, and glued the joint with superglue.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread