waterproofing an explorer 2

Lucky-Luc

Feb 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys first time here for me ,,i saw a post from a russian guys who waterproof is explorer ,,any of you know where i can find the waterproofing box??? is anybody selling those ????thanks for any info ,,,my Excalibur died an since i barely use my explorer 2 making it waterproof would be a great addition to my old beach detector arsenal,,,

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If you're just going to get occasional surf spray or splash by a wave, or rained on, then just to wrap in plastic and black tape should be sufficient.

But if you plan to fully submerse: Just make sure that whatever you do is not air-tight. Because that can cause condensation on the inside. Right ?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Lucky-Luc! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider posting your request on Brands > Minelab.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! I paid a friend to build a water proof box and it worked great until I had to change the batteries, than I did not get it sealed up good and salt water got in and it fried it! I ended up buying an Excalibur.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread