Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I officially retired for the third and last time today. After 56 years in the work force I felt it was time to give someone else a chance at a low paying/ hard work job!
biggrin.gif

I really wanted to stay two more years but back injuries from an OJT car wreck have finally gotten to be too much to handle.
I started work at the age of 12 with my parents signing a release so I could go to work at a car wash. I have worked one and two jobs at a time since then.
So, what can Y'all tell me about retirement?
Time to start swingin for a livin

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary thought I dont think Ill ever be able to afford to retire Congrats to you keep busy have fun. Tommy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :hello2:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm pushing 5 years retired now, just do whatever I want to do. There are lazy days, and there are responsible days. I'm just about the happiest I've ever been.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My career was crazy. I started out welding in construction, then got into the railroad, got out of that after my first daughter was born (I have 4), but because tug boats use locomotive engines, I got into the maritime side of things, and finally decided to stay ashore and built Navy Destroyers. The Union was the same, IAM so I had a chance to get out at age 42 years old and did.

I am glad I did. The woman in charge of retirement at the shipyard said they average 18 months of payout...meaning the average shipyard worker lives 18 months after retiring. That is a sad statistic. I am battling my 2nd round of cancer now, so again, I am glad I got out when I did.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't yet, but should start planning on it I guess. I'll have to take some type of job to finance it probably. Oh well, I suppose the Rolling Stones will always be hiring. I could be the youngest member, haha!

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My dad and his dad both died at 53 so I'm happy if I get another 5 or 6 years. Retirement doesn't even seem like a possibility being 20 years away but well see. If I make it to 54 I'll be setting records as it is and I'd be happy with that.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad and his dad both died at 53 so I'm happy if I get another 5 or 6 years. Retirement doesn't even seem like a possibility being 20 years away but well see. If I make it to 54 I'll be setting records as it is and I'd be happy with that.

My mother was 53 and my father was 56. One brother died on his 43 birthday, another when he was 56 and a third at 33. At 68 I feel like I have won the life lottery!

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone looking to retire or at least go part-time retired the first big step should be to get out of debt. After that decisions come much easier.
The needs of living are the basics, shelter,food, warmth in the cold days and cool in the hot days good health. everything else is optional.

But the first step is to be financially free to make those decisions. Good Luck to everyone.....Joe McDonough

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For anyone looking to retire or at least go part-time retired the first big step should be to get out of debt. After that decisions come much easier.
The needs of living are the basics, shelter,food, warmth in the cold days and cool in the hot days good health. everything else is optional.

But the first step is to be financially free to make those decisions. Good Luck to everyone.....Joe McDonough

You got that right for sure!!

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired almost 2 months ago and still adjusting. May end up doing something part time after a little more freedom. We'll see.

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on retiring !! Been retired since 08,after 37 years in the soft drink industry. First thing I did was throw away my watch. I stay busy with one thing or another. First off, if you just set down you wont last no time. Above all stay busy, keep your muscle tone up. Most of all enjoy all the time you have to do what you want to do. You'll soon be wondering how did I do it when I was working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread