Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's Service

I sent a email to White's asking about a connector that had broken on my Eagle Spectrum. It was one that connected the touchpad to mainboard. I was told that they would get back to me. When I got back from detecting a week later there was a box at my door step from White's. I opened it up and could not believe what I saw in it. It was the whole display board not just the connector. That is over $75.00 for free. Thank You White's !!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Re: White's Service

Thats outstanding and nice to know. Wish I could have said nice things about Fisher's service, but I cannot and am currently selling that detector for the service reason.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

If not for White's it would have been hard to make my run for 10,000 coins...I got in a real groove with the small 5.3 coil...almost like it talks to me...then it stopped talking...broken wire in cable...within a week a new one was on my door step! :) That was just another motivating factor....

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia

It seems that White's and Garrett's have the best customer care in the business, too bad you can't get that level of service with appliance's, vehicle's...etc. I have been amazed at how Garrett's customer service has bent over backwards for my whims and I've seen many White's customer's with the same kind of service. I'm not leaving out any other Metal Detector company's but these two I have seen first hand and they should be commended :)

Doozis

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You also get the same top level of service from Minelab, Tesoro, and Garrett. Fisher used to be included in this royal bunch, but since being sold to the funny bean counters that own Bounty Hunter, the brand has suffered badly. It's a shame too because they used to make good detectors. When mine die, I'll just bury them for some archie to find many years from now.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Sandman said:
You also get the same top level of service from Minelab, Tesoro, and Garrett. Fisher used to be included in this royal bunch, but since being sold to the funny bean counters that own Bounty Hunter, the brand has suffered badly. It's a shame too because they used to make good detectors. When mine die, I'll just bury them for some archie to find many years from now.

Sandman I have heard some pretty good things about Fisher's F-75 and the depth though...has me thinking.... :-X

R

robert roy

Lost at Sea:

What kind of fishers detector do you have?

Robert Roy

R

robert roy

Regarding Garretts service, my 6.5x9 coil for my Ace 250 is acting up. I just sent it in to Garrett. Sue in customer is replacing the coil at no charge. No song and dance and making me jump through hoops. Sorry to hear Fishers customer service leave so much to be desired.

Robert R

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I also have nothing but GREAT things to say about White's service as well. I called when the plastic arm rest on my Prizm broke to get a part number so I could order a replacement....They sent me out one right away and didn;t charge me a cent for it...now how can you beat that service???? Service like that and quality detectors have made me a life long White's customer...I don't even wanna try another make of detector.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman said:

I agree with you Sandman. I have been helped by Sandy at Minelab about several different things since I bought my Excalibur 1000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread