Cellar full of jars

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This cellar is on the property I live on and I'd like to clean it out. There's a lot of older Atlas, Mason, and Ball jars up to 1 gallon. How would be the best way to get rid of the junk and broken stuff. I talked with the recycling center about bring pickup loads. They said ok but it would all have to be clean and dry. Some of the full jars are full of nightmares dating back to the 1940's and 50's that I rather not open, smell, or even look at. I wouldn't know what to do with what's in the jars. The floor is a couple of layers deep, some broken some not. What would you do? I hate to leave it like it is but hate the thought of having a bigger mess by trying a clean up.
cellar1.jpg cellar2.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you offer it to bottle collectors maake sure they sign a A not responsible clause first.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I'll give you 10 bucks to sample the green beans...lol

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
randywa,

The jars that are still in one piece...sort them by size...wash them puppies up and sell them by the box at yard sells...probably make a killing...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: you would be surprised how many people still can...:headbang: :headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bet there is a few collectible jars and bottles in that lot! Take the time to clean and check them out. :icon_thumleft:

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even common vintage fruit jars are worth a little more if the number 13 is on the bottom. Always check the jar bottom.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are quite a few jars in the batch that will bring you some $$$. I had the same situation once. Several 1/2 gallon fruit jars still full of - stuff. We opened them, put the stuff in a hole and covered it over. Never had an issue with it. Just don't let kids or pets eat it.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
randywa,

Following info might help you out some...you could be sitting on a "Gold Mine"...literately...:headbang: :headbang: Maybe enough to get an Ace 400, Minelab CTX 3030...etc...etc.

Got-Good-Tones

Attachments

• Ball-logos_550.jpg
    Ball-logos_550.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 72
  • KerrGlass.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a cold war era bomb shelter, Dude. They had it stocked for the big one. That mess is like a pile of $2 dollar bills. Clean 'em, sell 'em.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
randywa,

Fruit boxes work real good for storage/transport of the canning jars...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Couple of years back my wife's cousin gave us somewhere in the neighborhood of ~ 800-1000 canning jars...should be able to find some empty fruit boxes at local farmers market/grocery stores in the area.

Got-Good-Tones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions