Hey Worldtalker! I did what you suggested and...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Natural selection. If the bird survives it might well breed and pass on it's good genes. If it doesn't survive it won't be passing on the genes of an eagle that couldn't keep it's beak intact.

Nature can't be "fixed" but it sure can be messed up by do gooders and know nothings. Learn to let nature be natural.

So, if you were walking across the street, got hit by a car and were seriously injured, then no one should call 911, right? It is natural selection afterall as you say. Well, I don't see it that way either with you or with the Bald Eagle!

Genesis 1:26
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." As such, we are also the caretakers of them and when possible, we should care for them for they are God's creatures.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you notice the left over food hanging from its mouth? I think was a very old injury, I could see that when I enlarged the photo, plus the deer and it are gone now. Must have been a tasty deer. No more road kill in the area, it could be 20 miles from here by now. So it doesn't matter anymore.

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at his feathers and damaged beak, I'd say that's an elderly fellow/gal.
Excellent images and I commend you for trying Smokey.

More than likely it is suffering from malnutrition and unable to preen itself with no beak.
It cannot tear meat off a carcass without a beak.
Check this LINK out. on a repaired beak on an eagle.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even my vet (of 40 years) said nothing to be done. And in the photo the wind was blowing a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions