Am I being watched or just paranoid ?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A bit strange, but remember to bring S&W, his little friends and be mindful of your surroundings...you never know nowadays! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little checking around and found out where this guy lives. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should pay him a visit or leave it alone for a while.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the type who'd just go back with a bigger shovel so I could dig faster, considering you're there legally of course.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***ARC... and everyone in this thread... AND ALL of Tnet is now "watching" 10pan***

---

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen Pan...

Pay no attention to the drones and the noises behind the rocks and trees.

These are everyday natural sounds.

:)

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a little checking around and found out where this guy lives. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should pay him a visit or leave it alone for a while.

yeah sure, bring him a Valentine.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read this all the way through and will say I found it to be creepy.

I will add, that while I am a landowner with substantial acreage, it actually comes as a surprise that there is not a lot that goes on that I am not aware of. This takes on many forms; from me constantly walking the land, to having neighbors who also keep an eye on it.

My forester found this out when she walked the woodlot one day for me doing my Forest Management Plan, and yet before she could even get back to her car, I had been notified. And I know I was caught on camera the other day on my own land; a plastic shopping bag was tied to a sapling. I know there is a poaching gang working my woodlot and that the Game Wardens are watching the access trails to the area. I never could find the gamer cameras, but they are everywhere.

I know our bus driver writes down any license plate of any strange car in the area as he goes about picking up kids, "just in case". It has helped law enforcement many times.

My guess is, if this man's Grandfather has been to the area, they made connections and contacts with people in the area.

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read this all the way through and will say I found it to be creepy.

I will add, that while I am a landowner with substantial acreage, it actually comes as a surprise that there is not a lot that goes on that I am not aware of. This takes on many forms; from me constantly walking the land, to having neighbors who also keep an eye on it.

My forester found this out when she walked the woodlot one day for me doing my Forest Management Plan, and yet before she could even get back to her car, I had been notified. And I know I was caught on camera the other day on my own land; a plastic shopping bag was tied to a sapling. I know there is a poaching gang working my woodlot and that the Game Wardens are watching the access trails to the area. I never could find the gamer cameras, but they are everywhere.

I know our bus driver writes down any license plate of any strange car in the area as he goes about picking up kids, "just in case". It has helped law enforcement many times.

My guess is, if this man's Grandfather has been to the area, they made connections and contacts with people in the area.
You bring up some good points. The problem is there is no individual land owner that I can talk to. The man that approached me is probably in his late sixties, so the grandfather and people familiar with the goings on of that time are long gone. He also has native American ties but so do most around here. I bring this up because it is my belief this is who put this here in the first place. If his story is true ,the site would be so disturbed it would be near impossible to find the markers needed to locate the deposit anyway.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You bring up some good points. The problem is there is no individual land owner that I can talk to. The man that approached me is probably in his late sixties, so the grandfather and people familiar with the goings on of that time are long gone. He also has native American ties but so do most around here. I bring this up because it is my belief this is who put this here in the first place. If his story is true ,the site would be so disturbed it would be near impossible to find the markers needed to locate the deposit anyway.

I would NEVER try to make you feel uncomfortable, I did not join this site to do that to anyone. But like you I do not believe in coincidences either.

For me; I define paranoid as someone who is afraid of something without just cause, but that does not sound like the case to me. I prefer the term, "this is kind of creepy".

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Check your vehicles for a tracker and check to see if your cell is being tracked.

Good Luck

Kace

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking today that if I believe I'm being watched, and I do , then why in the world did I post what I was doing on a treasure hunting website? For years I hunted with two good friends but they have both passed away and its just me know. There's nobody to bounce things off of and I guess I was trying to get that here , and did ,so thank you all for your replies.

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your vehicles for a tracker and check to see if your cell is being tracked.

Good Luck

Kace
I have no idea how to do that or I would

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish turtle? Did it speak Spanish? My cousin once thought "they" were after him and he was being watched. He wound up in a mental hospital the rest of his life. I KNEW he should not have been dabbling in the occult. No one was watching him.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking today that if I believe I'm being watched, and I do , then why in the world did I post what I was doing on a treasure hunting website? For years I hunted with two good friends but they have both passed away and its just me know. There's nobody to bounce things off of and I guess I was trying to get that here , and did ,so thank you all for your replies.

You gained knowledge from meeting the character.

I'm not you , of course ;but would shrug it off casually during the discussion while being fairly agreeable. Though no push over either.
But would certainly keep what you learned in mind going forward. We should always maintain situational awareness anyways.

Cards held close to the vest so to speak as far as confronting him. And I would not pursue the guy at this point.

Had a guy I watched approach "visit" during a hunt and tell me his Uncle hunted the site. (Not owned by any of their family.) Was not hard to tell his cheese was kinda slipping off his cracker (not a crime) and I listened to his odd concern with a sober smile, and when he finished he said his departed Uncle probably wouldn't have any problem with my hunting there.....
Watched him leave and went back to what I was doin.
Knew he lived near. Heck , in sit of the site. Never had a visit again. But , there are odder characters around. (Besides me.)

You can research tracking devices online if the idea of a search for one or more appeals to you.
Your vehicle is known by now . And where you park probably too while hunting , ect..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread